Doppio D. | Forget

Doppio received a call from the love of his life. With a heavy heart, he answered the call.

"Where are you?"

He smiled when she asked him where he was, she was always wary and would always check up on him on his whereabouts.

"Where are you?" Doppio asked her as he climbs in a taxi which arrived.

"I'm at home,"

Doppio chuckled. "I'm in a taxi." He replied back.

"Are you almost home?"

Doppio sighs, a wave of guilt flooding in his heart. "I'm sorry,"

"For what?"

"Everything." Doppio confesses. He wished not to have this conversation with her again.

There was a moment of silence on the other line. "Come home.."

Doppio shook his head. "I left my wallet at work.."

"Hey-" They both started speaking at the same time. Quickly, Y/n retracted her words. "Nevermind."

"No, what is it?" Doppio wanted her to go continue speaking.

"I don't think you love me anymore,"

Doppio became silent, he gripped his bag tightly. With a shaky breath, he replied.. "Please don't say that, I'm coming home now."

Knocking on the door, Doppio arrived with a bouquet of flowers in his hand that he quickly bought from a friend. Y/n opened the door and gave him a gentle smile.

"You came home," she says in a quiet voice.

"Of course, I did." Doppio wanted to give her different reply earlier but for the sake of her health, he decided not to. Going inside, Y/n took the flowers from him and placed them in an empty vase which she filled with water.

They did everything a couple would do on an ordinary weekend.

When Y/n fell asleep, Doppio placed her on the bed and tucked her in. Before leaving the room, he placed a kiss on her forehead.

He took the flowers out from the vase, emptying the water from it too.

He cleaned up her apartment and fixed everything to place like it was before he came.

Doppio also took pictures framed on the walls to take it down. "I can't love you," He stared at the picture for a while, a sad smile plastered on his face.

He and Y/n had long been dating but broke up a few months ago. He didn't know about her condition a while back.

Doppio regretted it. He wished he could tell her the whole truth but he couldn't. He wanted her to be safe without him being fully involved in her life.

It was tough for him when she forgot but he stayed strong. Perhaps it was time for him to forget about their love life in order to lessen the pain in his heart.

○ ● ○ ● ○

Summary: Y/n and Doppio used to date but shortly broke up. It was daily routine for Doppio to receive a sudden call from her every night, when he found out about her amnesia from a friend, he decided to keep their former love life quiet.

Inspo;