Aster A. | Promise

"Y/n-ie where are you?" Aster's voice echoes though the slightly eerie hallways of his home as he happily looks for her. He checks in the bedroom, scanned the area, not there.

Checks under the bed, not there.

In the closet? Not there either!

Aster is frustrated, his house isn't even that huge. It's just a cozy home somewhere in the forest.. why is it difficult for him to find her? 

į̴̼̎̀t̷̰͈͜͝'̷͓̳̳̓̊͛s̶̘͔͝ ̴̢͈͎͆̑ń̵̤̒͝ô̶̧̳͖̎̍t̸̢͖̤͛͂̓ ̷̖͆l̶͔̝̍̅í̵̤̎͋͜k̸̢͈̜̋͋͝e̴͔͛̑ ̵̼̞̍͝ẖ̸̨̆e̶̫̔̚ ̵̛̯̥͉͂̊k̵͇̯͚͌́͝i̴̢͚͊̎͒ļ̷͇̣͊l̴̗̒̋͝ḙ̵̖̲̄̂͆ḑ̴̱̭̿͑̕ ̶̜̭̎̊̚t̵̜̪̫̄h̴̪͙́ͅe̶̹͌͋̇ ̵̰̄͊̚p̶͍̹̘̎́͝r̸͓͍̉e̸̯͍̽̿v̸̝͆i̵͉͐o̴͇͊ǔ̶͈̯š̷̘̹̦̐̄ ̴̥́̊̓o̵̲̻̓ẘ̴̧̀̉n̴̩̜͌e̷̜͈̘͋̂̈́r̵̦̞̉s̸̞͒,̴̯̌͋͘.

Wanting to end the dreadful two hours game of hide and seek, Aster powered his phone on as Y/n had told him to turn it off earlier to make the game fair. As soon as his phone was on, he ignored the messages and calls from his friends and family. He opens an app that shows the love of his life's location.

The celestial being beamed in joy when he sees a red dot beeping in an area of the house. "Ah, there she is! I can't believe I didn't see her there!" he giggled. "I'll give her five minutes to change her hiding spot," he said to himself. He sat on the bed, his eyes never leaving the red blinking dot.

...

..

.

"Huh, she's not moving?" Aster's smile faltered, he showed a worried look. "How long.." he got up from the bed and rushed to the spot she was hiding at. When arrived, his heterochromatic eyes widened. "N-No.. No!"

He crouched to her body, it was cold. He placed two fingers on her neck and was relieved. Y/n was unconscious, she likely fainted due to exhaustion. "Starshine.." he caressed her face lovingly, looking at her painfully peaceful face.

Aster brought her to bed and held her close, he looked at her face and gave her multiple kisses. As he did so, he smiled, pushing away the negative thoughts in his head. "You promised me, you promised we'll be happier together." He mumbled.

"And I promised I'll marry you one day," he continued. "We'll be happy, together. You promised.. you.." he cried on her chest.

"Please be okay.. I'm sorry.."

~ • °

"Starshine?"

"Hm?"

"..one day, will you marry me?" Aster looked at Y/n with puppy eyes. He hoped she'll say yes or at least give him hope that she would.

Y/n hummed, she tapped her finger on the table as she thinks. "We've only been dating for three months, let's see how it goes." She smiled.

"B-But.. I love you.."

"And I love you too." She held his hand from the table, assuring him about their relationship. "I'll love you always. I don't have the heart to hate on you, Aster."

Aster beamed at this, he was relieved. "I promise I'll marry you one day, starshine. I'll make it my goal!"

Y/n chuckled, happy at his enthusiasm. "I'll promise I'll say yes when the time comes."

"Then will you marry me?"

"Aster.."

"Sorry! I'll wait!" Aster kissed her hand. "..I don't know what I'll do without you. I love you so much, you know?"

Y/n felt her heart flutter. Aster has always been a romantic and was never afraid to show his love to her publicly. His affection was enough for her to realise he never once lied, he was an honest person.

"Do I make you happy, Aster?"

Aster was surprised to hear that question. "Starshine, of course! You make me the happiest person ever!" He got closer to her and hugged her, kissing her cheek. "Are you doubting me? That hurts."

"No, no. I'm not doubting you." Y/n laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. "..we'll be happier together, side by side."

"Promise?"

"On what?"

Aster squeezed her hand tightly. "That you'll never leave me. That you and I will be happy together, you said so.."

Y/n looks at him lovingly before answering.

"I promise,"

○  ●  ○  ●  ○

A/n: Don't keep promises you can't keep.