Chapter 18

After adjusting Jump to sit in the car, Disco immediately drove Jump to a hospital near his best friend's house. Along the way, the two did not speak to each other. Only faint sobs could be heard. Disco drove the car and parked directly in front of the entrance to the hospital. A male nurse hurriedly came to inquire and brought a wheelchair to wait for Jump to get out of the car.

"Let me help you," said the nurse.

"Never mind I'll carry him," Disco said before scooping up Jump in his arms, who was sitting in the car to sit in the wheelchair. It made Jump smile softly before Disco parked the car in the parking lot and came back to Jump again. At this time, the nurse pushed the wheelchair to wait at the registration section to inform the name and symptoms. Once the process was completed, Disco took Jump to sit and wait for the doctor to call him. The two of them still had nothing to say. Jump had relieved his sobs, leaving only tears on his face. When the doctor called to see Jump, Disco pushed the car and took Jumper to see the doctor immediately.

"What happened?" asked the young doctor.

"Fell down the stairs," said Jumper softly.

"Ah, your ankle must have sprained. Let me see your ankle, please." The young doctor moved a small chair closer. Then let Jump slowly lift his feet to place on the small chair. The young doctor gently squeezed the ankle area because Jump's skin was very white so the sprain could be easily located cause it darkened a little.

"Ow !" Jump jumped as the doctor hit the painful spot. causing Disco to stand behind him startle as well.

"Excuse me, I would like to check a little more thoroughly in case the joints are more problematic than they appear," the doctor said back before calling a nurse to take Jump in for a thorough examination again.

"Can you stay with me?" The young man turned to plead with Disco who was standing behind him.

"Why do you want me to get in the way of the doctor?" Disco asked in a grumpy voice.

"But I want P' Dis to go in with me," Jump said softly before turning to the young doctor.

"Doctor, can P'Dis come in with me?" Jumper turned and asked the doctor.

"Yes," replied the young doctor.

"But I think I'm better off not getting in the way. The doctor will be able to examine it easily. Let's just say, if the examination is complete, then you can call me. I'd like to go and smoke. I'll leave it to you." Disco finished speaking and immediately walked out of the examination room leaving Jump to look up with sullen eyes.

"We'd better go and check it out," said the young doctor kindly before taking Jump into the inner room to examine thoroughly again. As for Disco, he walked out to the smoking area and then lit a cigarette with a stressed expression on his face. Yes, He was worried about Jump. But Disco doesn't want to get any closer to Jump because he can't forget what Jump did to him. It caused him to build a wall to maintain the distance again. Disco sat and smoked a cigarette. Then he returned to sit and wait in front of the examination room but didn't go inside anyway. Until some time had passed the nurse walked towards Disco. The young man got up and followed him. Upon entering, it was discovered that Jump's ankle had a cast causing Disco's face to become stressed immediately. Because he didn't think Jump would have to wear a cast. He thought it was just an ordinary sprain.

"Does he have to put on a splint, Doctor?" Disco immediately asked.

"Yes, I took an x-ray. The ankle bones are slightly dislocated. But I have already moved it into place. But I had to put on a cast to prevent the ankle from working too hard. It can be removed in about 3 weeks," the doctor said in a gentle voice. Disco looked at Jump's face and found that the boy's face had more traces of tears.