Chapter Two

Charlie and Renee had decided that arriving in Forks on a Friday would be the best decision, that way we'd have the full weekend to get settled before starting school.

And as my alarm went off for the third time, I couldn't be more thankful that it was Saturday instead of Monday and that I could sleep in instead of wake up at eight in the morning.

When I finally managed to drag myself out of the bed, it was already noon.

I normally didn't get up so late, but the natural sound of rain hitting my window and the cold put me into the best sleep I'd gotten in a while.

I threw on some jogging pants and a hoodie, the only one I owned. Wearing anything longer than a mid-sleeve in phoenix was like a death wish, so most of my wardrobe that I brought with me consisted of short sleeves, tank tops, and jogging pants.

I'd have to go shopping soon.

Bella and Charlie had already been on the couch looking at the tv (which I doubted they were really watching) when I got there. Bella fidgeted with her fingers and Charlie had that look like he was about to clear his throat for the hundredth time since we arrived.

As I entered the living room they both instantly relaxed, looks of relief flashing across their face as they mumbled a low "Morning".

I smiled at them as I made my way to the kitchen, looking through the fridge for something to eat.

"So, what have I missed?"

"Not much. Just reruns of Clemson vs Duke" Came Charlie's gruff voice.

The pizza from last night sat in the middle of the fridge, neatly packaged (most likely courtesy of Bella). But apart from that and the essentials, the fridge was bare.

Looks like it would be cheerios today.

After fixing my bowl I made my way to the couch, Bella and Charlie scooting over to give me more than enough space.

"I meant in general. Anything exciting happen around here?"

"Well, let me see... The jobs been pretty tame, thankfully. Apart from some bear attacks, nothing too eventful."

"Bear attacks?" Bella piped in. Charlie just hummed in agreement, Hmm.

"Harry and Billy have been doing fine for the most part. Harry's doctor said that his blood pressure is getting a little high though, so Sue has put a break on the Fish fry's. Seth and Jacob are doing good."

"How's Leah doing?"

"I haven't seen her lately, but Harry said she's been going through a bad breakup. She could probably use a friend."

I nodded, "I'll try to go see her soon".

I could deal with heartbreaks. I'd never really experienced then myself but I had spent many nights holding friends hands as they went through them. Besides, it'd be nice to see Leah again.

Bella had stayed mostly quiet during the conversation, but I could feel her eyes on me the whole time.

I turned to meet her gaze, only to find her eyes lasering my cereal.

"Bella?"

"Hmm?" her eyes focused again and she was back.

"I can cook dinner, you know. Sometimes..." She offered, looking at Dad "I actually cooked a lot back home"

A horrified look crosses his face for a second before he barely manages to bring it to just reluctance. Renee had been an .... Adventurous cook to put it nicely.