XIV: Quattuordecim

The interior of the shop was just as muddled as the woman that owned it. Stray pieces of fabric, buttons and thread littered every available surface. And those that were free of the vestments, were instead filled with intricate designs scribbled onto old parchment paper.

"Come, sit down. Sit down." The woman ushered them onto a cozy seat. Brushing aside the objects that covered it. It was a tight fit, with her, Delvin and Vaeros sitting on the same sofa. Delvin crossed his arms over his chest, purposefully budging the Dragon Knight as he did so.

Vaeros glared at the man.

"My name is Isira, my designs are some of the best in this Kingdom." The woman, Isira, bragged with a grin. "How can I help you today?" Lavinia gave her a sceptical look.

"We're here to get this guy a formal outfit," As she was speaking, she tugged the hood of his cloak off of him. Now they were in a private place, it wouldn't be so bad to reveal Delvin's true identity.

Delvin gawked at her in embarrassment. Isira seemed less than impressed, tilting her head as she analysed the Prince. "Who are you?" She asked blankly. There was an awkward pause where no one seemed to know what to say. Even Vaeros seemed confused. The shop owner tilted her head for a second before shuffling into another room. Lavinia and Delvin gave each other a look, and she was almost ready to get up and leave before Isira came back in. Hands full of a variety of luxurious fabrics.

"I've got a range of fabrics I thought would bring out your features some more. Do you have any idea of what style you'd want? I can come up with something if you'd wish?" Isira tattled on, flicking through the items in her hands. Finally falling on one she liked, she held it up in front of the Prince.

It was a dark navy pattern, seemingly simplistic but comparing it to Delvins sharp silver hair and crystal eyes, it all made sense. The contrast would make him stand out even more than he already did.

"I was thinking we could use a silver trim. The jacket itself will be the standard military tunic. I assume you are in the military?" Isira said, looking at the Prince through her eyelashes. Lavinia bit her lip at Delvins offended look. It was hard not to laugh. She'd leave the explaining to him, it was good seeing him squirm for once.

"Im, err. I'm the-" Delvin began, looking utterly lost. Then he seemed to remember who he was,and straightened his shoulders and back. "I'm the Master of Vespertine's Magic Tower, Delvin Vespertine."

Isira blinked at him, then shrugged her shoulders apathetically. "Hm, doesn't bother me. I shall make it into the customary Mage formal uniform then. Something befitting of a King."

She wagged a finger in his boisterifuly. "It's a good thing you came to me you know! No one else in this Kingdom knows as much about fashion as i do!". She stormed off, to deposit the fabrics somewhere before storming back into the room.

"That will be 500 coins, it'll take me about a week to make it." Isira said, holding out her hand expectantly. Lavinia frowned, they needed the clothes in two days time. She rubbed her forehead, she knew she should have told Delvin to pack more.

The Prince whipped out a large bag from underneath his cloak, depositing it in the woman's awaiting hand. "1000 coins, and it'll be done in two days time." Delvin ordered. Isira's eyes seemed to brighten, as a smile creased the corners of her eyes.

"Yes sir!"

---

The two days had come and gone before Lavinia had the chance to even think about it. She had hardly seen the head nor tail of Delvin since their visit to the town and she'd seen even less of Vaeros. In fact she hadn't seen him at all. It was odd, and she was beginning to feel slightly lonely.