XV: Quīndecim

The celebration ended as soon as it had begun, and now they were ready to leave Havenvale. They were boarding the carriages, prepping them for the long journey ahead when the Rulers of Havevale came up to them.

The King and Queen shared an umbrella, shading them from the pounding rain. Lavinia grimaced in jealousy, wiping her face free from the stray hairs that clung to it like a soggy sock. Apparently no one had thought to warn her of the hideous downpours Havenvale was accustomed too. 

Delvin, the Princess that he was, was already sitting inside one of the gilded carriages. Completely dry and unharmed from the weather. On the Queen and King's arrival however, he hovered at the door. "We came to see you off," Calandria announced, stopping beside Lavinia.

She hadn't interacted much with the infamous Queen, but even now, she still felt comfortable in her presence. Tanix, saddled up besides her, frowning at Delvin.

"You let your people do all the work for you?" He questioned looking back down at Lavinia's sorry state and then to the side where a few more servants attended to the horses. Delvin sneered, and with a wave of his hand the horse's bridles connected to the carriages. Any remaining luggage lifted itself up, and settled back down into its proper space.

Lavinia rubbed her forehead in frustration. Delvin could be such a brat sometimes. Calandria took it all in stride however, with a joyful laugh and clap of the hands. "Brilliant! Brilliant!" She exclaimed. "I've always wanted to see magic up in person.".

Delvin bowed mockingly before standing back up and putting his uniform back in place. "I hope I lived up to your expectations," Delvin said, with a smile. Lavinia had to look twice, behind his normal sarcastic grin was something sadder. Self deprecating, like he was used to performing as a clown.

She pursed her lips, what could have caused such a man like Delvin Vespertine to even so much as doubt himself. If she could guess, it was probably down to his mother, the Queen. No one would want to assaiante their own mother without having his fair share of mummy issues.

Maybe she and Delvin weren't so dissimilar after all.

"I'd love to see more of it, in our alliance!" Calandria declared, placing her hands on her hips proudly. Her husband seemed less than pleased, his frown unwavering.

"Magic is forbidden outside your Kingdom, Prince." Tanix vocalised. Delvin cocked his eyebrow as if to say 'what are you going to do about it'. They stared at each other for a while, before the King eventually appeased. Only the tenseness of his shoulders, belayed Delvin's slight worry.

"I'll pretend I didn't see it, for now." Tanix aquised, folding his arms across his chest. Calandria lent against his side, tipping the umbrella so more of it would protect him. "Well I suppose we should all say goodbye now." Tanix continued.

Lavinia thoroughly agreed with that statement. She was starting to feel like a wet dog, the rain weighing down her skirt and the mud beneath her feet was beginning to seep through the cracks in her shoes.

"Have a safe journey!" Calandria announced with an enthusiastic wave. Lavinia boarded the carriage. Tobias, who had been hidden around the other side of their vehicle, came round to the entrance. Instead of his usual, heavy armour, he wore a simple uniform. Giving him more freedom to move around.

He hoped up into the coach, missing the two small steps there, opting to just jump right in. Lavinia moved back to let him in, and he grinned teethily at her.

"Is everyone boarded?" Delvin asked, setting himself down on one of the plush benches. Tobias nodded, moving to sit besides the Prince. He sent the Knight an odd look , shaking his head subtly.