XVII: Septendecim

Lavinia stuttered, clutching her chest in an attempt to hide from him, ducking down into the bubbly water. "What the hell are you doing?" She shouted at him with a glare. Looking at him now, fully taking him in, something was different. His hair was dishevelled, tossed around as though he had been running his hair through it.

His eyes though, crystal and clear, were frantic. Unblinking, he ran his eyes across her body as though searching for something.

Lavinia felt the blush travel from her cheeks to the crevice of her chest. "Lavinia," He called simply, his voice gravelly and deep. Delvin looked down at her with hooded eyes. "What did the Queen say?" He asked, oblivious to her distress. She clutched her chest tighter as he slowly slunk closer to the bathtub.

Once he got to her side, he knelt down by the tub, the usual haughtiness gone and in its place was something darker, something heady. He dipped his finger into the tub, watching the water as it rippled around the digit.

"Lavinia, what did the Queen tell you?" He said, still looking down at the tub. She was half worried he could see through the bubbles. Lavinia's thighs rubbed together unwittingly. "I was worried, you didn't come to tell me, like i asked you to." He looked up at her through his pale blonde eyelashes. In the dim light he was positively mystical looking. Like an elf from the fairytales.

Lavinia licked her lips, trying to shift away from him in the suddenly cramped bath. He huffed, a noise barely audible to her before he used the finger that was in the water to tilt her chin towards him.

"Who am i?" Delvin asked, his words dripping with honey. Soft, smooth and silky. Lavinia found herself answering before she could even think about it.

"The Prince," Fell out of her mouth as though commanded. He smiled, dropping the finger from her chin, to the clavicle of her neck. Loosely, and only just, did he wrap his other fingers round it.

It was strange, how she'd never felt safer than in this moment. He leant closer to her, and she was so distracted Lavinia loosened the hold on her chest. They were so close now, if she even breathed she would touch him.

"Who do you answer to?" The words coming from his mouth tasted like honey. Sweet, thick and smooth. He was bent over the bathtub now, his arms tensing to hold himself above the water.

Heedlessly she responded to his every call. It wasn't magic urging her to respond, it wasn't even the fact that he was the heir to the throne. No, it was because deep down. She wanted this. The desire to be wanted by someone so innately powerful without even trying.

"You," She uttered quietly, afraid that she would break the tension between them. Delvin took in a deep breath, and he got impossibly closer to her without touching. This wasn't like last time, in the quad outside the ball, where she had thought he was going to kiss. This time, she knew he was going to.

"Tell me to stop," was his first and only warning. Delvin backed up a bit, his hand loosened as the space between them got larger. Even though she knew he was doing this out of respect and consent, she couldn't help but think he looked a lot like a snake rearing back to go in for the kill.

It was tantalisingly attractive.

"Keep going," Lavinia ushered, letting go of her chest now completely to wrap her hands behind his neck and pull him in. It was almost like something had snapped, because in the seconds it had taken her to put her arms around him, he was already on her.

Their lips meet in a desperate clash, Delvin scrambled for purchase, gripping her slim shoulders first to draw her closer. Turns out, the Prince kissed exactly the same as how he acted. Dominating and teasing. He bit her lower lip drawing it between his own before breaking the kiss entirely.

His attention scrawled across her neck, moving his hands to place gentle kisses along her clavicle, moving her hair to get better access. Delvin stopped when he reached her pulse point, biting down hard enough to leave a mark.

Lavinia had to hold down a moan. His hand drifted to her lips, gently pulling them open with the tip of his thumb. Still lining kisses and bite marks down her body, he mumbled into her skin. "Don't hold back anything. I want to hear you,". The comment drew a breathy sigh from her mouth.

His large hand wandered past her breasts and straight down to the line between her hips, hovering over the cross point. She waited with bated breath for him to move, to do anything. But his hand stayed there, splayed possessively across her stomach.

Lavinia had no more time to think about it, as he crushed his lips against hers once more in a dominant kiss. She whimpered under his ministrations, clutching his shoulders tightly. Just as suddenly as he kissed her he leant backwards, breathing hard and heavy.

He ran a hand across his silver head, his lips red and swollen. Lavinia made to get up, to follow him for more. Her body and mind ached for something else, contact, attention, anything. Delvin smirked, stepping back further from her grasp. 

It hit her then, he was teasing her.

"You can wait for me, like a good girl." He grinned, biting his lips. Lavinia could hear her heart pounding a rhythm in her head. Was he seriously going to leave her high and dry like this?

"Half of the fun is the suspense." Delvin continued, straightening out his uniform. "I'll continue this another day, but right now I've got to deal with some stuff at the Magic Tower. Solar solstice is soon after all." He frowned, looking like he'd rather go anywhere else but the Tower. Something in her gleamed with pride, Delvin wanted her, wanted to stay.

He quickly got closer to her, placing a light peck on her cheek, before popping out of existence just as fast as he had teleported into the bathroom. Lavinia could never quite get used to his magic, no matter how often he used it.

She sunk back into the water with a moan, allowing the water to cover her body. The bath had gone cool now, but that was exactly what she needed. A cold shock to cool her down. That was when she caught sight of it, a line of hickeys going down her chest.

Of course he'd leave a mark. She groaned, dipping her head under the frigid water. She'd need a glass of something after she finished bathing. Anything to get her mind off the fact that her body was still aching for him. And the fact that, secretly, she loved the possessive and more aggressive side of the man.

Being with Delvin in such a way, was like playing with fire. Sometime it was tame, and predictable. But, most of the time it was was unpredictable, flames would lick up to burn and consume you.

Being with the Prince was like courting danger. But fuck, did she enjoy it. 

---

Authors note:

Hey, how are you doing?  I hope you liked this chapter. Its getting more spicy and the story should really start kicking off now, so keep an eye out for chapters! This is kind of my first time writing something quite like this. Even in my other series i dont think i had a chatper like this one, so it wasnt too bad. 

Thank you so much for reading! 

Lots of love, 

Sam.E