PROLOGUE

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙

Within the confines of his kingdom, he watched the owner of his heart gazing up at the star-filled sky with an adoring smile.

His long red hair shimmered in the night, fluttering in the breeze, a soft chuckle resounding.

"Altalune." He said, the figure that enraptured him paused and turned around, allowing the flame-like hair to brush against his pale cheeks, with both jewel-like eyes focused on him.

"Ashborn." The young man in royal robes stretched his hand forward, beckoning for another hand to welcome his warmth.

"My love." Altalune's hand met his and he grasped it tenderly. Ashborn then pulled the master of his heart into his arms and inhaled the scent of nature emitted by his beloved.

"Doesn't my kingdom's sky look beautiful now?" He whispered into the ears that were turning a cute shade of red, though whether from embarrassment or the cold night air at the heart of the spacious palace balcony remained to be seen.

"Yes. It's beautiful. It feels like the end of Hiraeth."

(Hiraeth = longing for a place to return to that has not been visited for a long time)

The Ashborn figure smiled sweetly, tightening the embrace on the young man in his arms. Truly, his feelings were now beyond words.

No words felt enough to quantify and convey how immensely he loved his 'Altalune'.

That every smile he gave, was able to steal the very breath he took.

Causing his heartbeat to resound throughout his entire body.

It filled the recesses of his mind and soul.

And also took over the royal chef because the dragon and two kittens said the food was very good.

"What are you laughing at, Ash-ya?" The king just chuckled more, earning a narrowed gaze from his lover.

"Just thinking about Raon, On, and Hong plotting to kidnap the royal chef." Reddish-brown sparkling eyes stared in wonder at Ashborn and snorted.

"Such a dire matter it seems, that the King of the Velaris Kingdom can't help but devote his entire focus to it," the redhead sarcastically quipped, making Ashborn laugh even harder.

"Ash-ya."

"-and Choi Han-nim, will stand guard so that the chef can be kidnapped safely-!"