#3 - Tears for Them

And Jinwoo witnessed in that splendor how Cale smiled so wide, so alive, and so bright in the sparkle of the stars, in the sea of shining letters.

"Jinwoo-ya."

Ash-ya.

"Yeah?" Jinwoo replied with a smile just as wide and loving and gentle.

"Thank you very much, Jinwoo-ya."

.
.
.

WARNING

Chapter full of Depression, Regret, Guilt, Ruination
But, there is also Softness in Angst :"
Cale is OOC but yes, it has to be OOC with his current situation. So, please be forgiving 🥺🙏

 So, please be forgiving 🥺🙏

[Sung Jinwoo's POV]

After briefly explaining how he met Cale, the two women surnamed Sung finally left the room to ease their minds, while Kyunghye tried to find clothes for Cale.

Leaving Jinwoo with the man who was still asleep.

The 22-year-old spent hours sitting beside the bed. Solemnly observing the sleeping face of the red-haired beauty.

Cale Henituse was as beautiful as he had seen in Ashborn's memories. His cheekbones, though thinner, did not diminish the softness of his features. His eyelashes were long, sweeping across pale-skinned cheeks that contrasted with a pair of full, rosy lips. This coupled with the red hair framing the heart-shaped face, enticed Jinwoo to touch it.

So, yes, Jinwoo touched his hair. Admiring how soft the texture was. He wondered how it could still be this soft, considering Cale himself had slept for years. Doesn't it get brittle? Jinwoo's eyes went flat as his brain began to work out the answers to each of the strange questions that popped into his head.

Before he knew it, a ray of sunlight was streaming through his bedroom window. It signalled that it was morning.

And as the sunlight shone on the redhead's face, a disturbed expression was etched on it, which prompted an amused smile on Jinwoo's handsome face.

He raised his hand to block the rays. He watched with interest as Cale's face calmed down. Then he idly moved his hand. Stifling a giggle as the disturbed expression returned to that beautiful face.

"Don't disturb sleeping people...," Cale muttered, opening one eye at Jinwoo in annoyance, still using the language of his homeland.

"Ah, I'm sorry," Jinwoo said without any remorse, making the other man snort. Finally, the two jeweled reddish-brown orbs opened wide. They first stared at the ceiling, his wardrobe, the mirror, the wall, and then Jinwoo. His hand also moved weakly to touch the blanket.