directing

I love directing. Just everything about it brings me joy, I love being behind a camera and just creating something. I always have, ive been interested in movies and directing for as long as I can remember, even before I got my camera, on my 9th birthday. That camera was probably the most influential gift I've ever gotten in my whole life, it's one of the most valuable things I own, and it's not because of its physical value, but the value that it has to me.

 I shot my first ever short film on that camera, it was stop motion, and if I looked back on it now, I know i'd cringe hard, but I remember being so proud of myself, and being proud that I created something. Even if it wasn't much, i created something, and that was enough. 

I've also always been interested in not just movies themselves, but the people who directed them, and if I like their directing style, or technique, or anything really, I will look them up, and watch as many of their movies as I can get my hands on, and just pick them apart, and it's gotten to a point that when I watch movies, i usually can't just sit there and watch the movie without hyper fixating on how the movie itself is filmed and how lighting, and angles and just every little detail turns it into something of substance, because when you're directing, everything matters. I also have a film analysis journal, and I'll just journal pages, and pages about movies and their directors and the directing techniques they use and how I can apply some of them into my own work. 

This might all sound really not exciting, but it's honestly one of my favourite things to do. I love learning, and I love directing, and I love knowing that I'm improving. I've been making short films since I was 9, I've evolved from stop motion, but I'm still directing my own stuff at a very small scale, just with a group of friends, recently I've applied and been applied for acting companies and film companies, and I have 3 that are looking to interview me, and audition me to direct for them. I think I have a good shot, I'm hopeful that atleast one of them will want to hire me, one of them emailed me back after my application email, and said that I'm the one of the most disciplined, passionate, and talented people at my age they've had apply for them, so I'm hoping after the audition they still feel the same about me. I've always wanted to direct for something bigger than myself, I want to be something in the industry even if it's something small. But even if that doesn't happen, I'd be more than happy just working for myself, as long as I can do what I love.