7. Coachella - April 2019 [M]

"I think I'm going to remember today for the rest of my life. I hope to see you again. Thank you!" Lisa said in front of thousands at the Sahara Stage.

Stepping down the stairs back to the trailers, their whole team cheered and congratulated them on their Coachella performance. They posed for pictures, sipped on their water bottles, and chatted with the other performers that came by to support them.

Eventually it was time to get changed out of their stage outfits and head back to the hotel. Lisa was taking off her earrings in front of her dressing trailer in their trailer when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind. She was familiar enough the warmth and touch that she knew exactly who it was without looking.

"What?" Lisa asked softly.

"Nothing..." Chaeyoung murmured.

"I'm still sweaty."

Chaeyoung just hummed, nuzzling her nose into Lisa's neck. "Don't care."

"Someone's cuddly," Lisa quipped.

Chaeyoung laughed and turned Lisa around so they were facing each other. She wrapped her arms loosely around Lisa's shoulders and Lisa placed her hands lightly on her waist, sighing as she let the tension bleed away from her muscles. They smiled and just looked at each other without saying anything for a while.

"I'm proud of you," Chaeyoung said, breaking the silence.

First Kpop girl group to perform at Coachella, one of the biggest festivals in the world. At that moment, they felt like they were on top of the world. All the hard work, blood, sweat and tears finally paid off. Lisa was so glad she could share this moment with Chaeyoung, her best friend and one of the most important people in her life. Lisa wanted to ask why she was being sappy, and that she was proud of her too, but all she could manage to say was...

"Thanks," Lisa whispered, feeling shy as Chaeyoung looked at her with the softest expression in her eyes.

Chaeyoung surprised her then, leaning forward and pressing a kiss right on the corner of her mouth. Lisa let out an embarrassing little gasp.

They hadn't crossed that line again since that night. Lisa contented herself with soft kisses on the cheeks, hugs, and holding hands on the stage of their tour dates. Sometimes though, Lisa would catch Chaeyoung's gaze lingering on her lips for longer than normal on more than one occasion.

Lisa knew she thought about that kiss a lot. She hoped Chaeyoung thought about it too, what would have happened if they weren't interrupted that night...

Back to the present moment, Lisa could only stand still as Chaeyoung pulled away and continued to gaze deeply into her eyes. Lisa felt like it was somehow too intimate, like Chaeyoung could see exactly what she was thinking and feeling.

Lisa shyly looked down, long lashes fluttering against her cheeks as she averted her eyes so Chaeyoung wouldn't see how blatantly in love she was.

In love, Lisa thought to herself. Yes. Hopelessly so.

__________________________________________________

That week, Lisa and Chaeyoung got to catch a few more shows during the festival. They were so happy to be spectators for a change, acting like a pair of bubbly teenagers as they watched artists that they used to idolize.

They met up with Nina Dobrev in the late afternoon at the Zedd show, exchanging hugs and vibing to the electronic music. Lisa smiled at Chaeyoung's endless energy, the blonde was practically bouncing the whole time. She smiled, touched Chaeyoung's arm to get her attention and snapped a picture of her with her phone.