Chapter 2.

I leap down from a tree and into a pile of bushes, not paying any attention to how loud it was. I sat there, hyperventilating. I sat until my breathing calmed down. I looked around in confusion, I wasn't really tracking where I was going. I was just trying to get away, I don't know this part of the forest well. Good thing I have my pack with me, I have enough tools to be able to build a small shelter by nightfall. I got to work. I climbed the tallest tree and perched on the thickest branch. This would do. I began chopping any wood I could find. I had rope in my bag and could make more if I needed. One by one I tied the very poorly cut wooden boards to the tree. Eventually I had a small floor. I was tired, I laid down some leaves and moss and went to bed. I woke, it was warm. I got up and rubbed my eyes, the birds were chirping. I stood up to see the sun shining. The layer of the constant fog was gone. The sun tickled my skin. I jumped down from my tree. In front of me there was a small clearing. A bug flew right past me. In the bushes across the clearing I saw... a pair of eyes! I sat up quickly. It was early dawn, still quite dark out. It had just been a dream. Sweat trickled down my face. Those eyes... They seemed familiar somehow. I thought about that dream as I looked for some yia-weed. I thought about it as I made bandages from the plant. I thought about it as i set a trap. I thought about it as i cleaned the wound. My trap had caught a peach. Why did part of me wish to see them now? In real life? "I do not want to meet with another hunter. They could want to hurt me!" I muttered as I made a small fire with the flint and knife in my pocket. Tje peach I had caught looked at me curiously, as if to ask "what are you talking about"? no matter how many times I repeated that another hunter could hurt me in my head, part of me desperately wanted to come face to face with someone else. Part of me was so... lonely.