Chapter 7.

The girl grabbed my hand, and I flinched at the sudden touch. She dragged me along with her as she ran, I couldn't help but keep staring at the creature in disbelief and terror. It didn't seem to run it just floated toward us without a sound. It's almost like a dark wind. We ran like this for a while until we were a decent distance ahead of it. The girl wasted no time and immediately began looking for a hiding space. It was getting closer. She found a small ledge that had some trees in front of it, hiding the ledge entirely unless you were really looking for it. "Can you climb?" She asked. I hesitantly nodded. "Good," she said. She began climbing, and I followed behind her. I winced at a sharp pain in my leg. I forgot about that. The wound must have opened from all this running. She made it to the top, standing on the sliver of rock that she could fit her feet on. She put a hand down as an offer for help. I pushed her hand aside and managed to find myself a spot. Just aI reached the top it was just a few yards away, looking around frantically. I realized I was breathing heavily. I was making too much noise, but I couldn't stop. The girl put her hand over my mouth. My eyes started to water up. What is that thing? Who is this girl? Who are the others? Will they hurt me? We stood there for what felt like hours until finally, it left. We stood for a few more minutes listening, making sure it wasn't around. She took her hand from my mouth. "What was that?" I managed to say, my voice cracking. "I'll explain everything, but you have to come with me."