𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗦 𝗙𝗟𝗬

SPARKS FLY ╱ JACK HUGHES꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by liv . . .©-wonderhaze
❛ cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile ❜

𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗱𝘆, 𝗱𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗿𝗼-𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗿 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗙𝗰, 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘆. Brielle had been born into that industry, her mother being an Olympian and her father being a coach of the Toronto fc, so it wasn't shocking that she was well known. She had grown up playing soccer and even hockey at times, not liking being indoors and sheltered. From 2006 to 2017, Brielle considered Toronto to be her home, the place where she fell in love with the sport she was playing. Although in 2017, the place she considered home was no longer home to her. Her father had passed away from a severe heart attack and her mother had lost all emotion.

Brielle, although only being 16, moved out of her home in Toronto and joined the Hughes family in their travel to Michigan. The Hughes family was more of a family to her than her mom or siblings ever were. Brielle moved into the Hughes home with them and spent the next two years playing soccer for the USA development program. In those two years, Brielle played the best soccer she's played in her entire career and by July 2018, she was entering the 2019 NWSL draft. Brielle worked hard for what she wanted and that showed when she was expected to be the first overall pick of the 2019 draft.

𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗛𝘂𝗴𝗵𝗲𝘀, 𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁, 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱. Hughes has been on the ice since he was a toddler and it shows in his hockey performances every season. He grew up in Toronto, Canada, also known as the place that made him fall in love with the sport he played. Having his parents and brothers there cheering him on as he played throughout the years had helped him grow his confidence and skill. By 2017, the Hughes family was moving back to michigan and Jack was joining the USA development program.

The hard work and dedication Jack put in while in the program showed as he helped his team get to the world championship and broke multiple records the program had. He did so well in the two years he played for the program that by the time the 2019 nhl draft deadline came around, he was signing himself up and waiting for the draft to come around a few months later. Jacks hard work ended up paying off because he was expected to go in the first round and even be the first or second overall pick.