𝟬𝟬𝟭. | 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵

SPARKS FLY ╱ JACK HUGHES꒷꒦ · ˚

꒷꒦ · ˚.‧ . written by liv . . . © -wonderhaze
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 ━━━━━━━ ❛ 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵 ❜

TW: Mention of death, mention of anxiety and stress, domestic violence, mention of toxic relationships, abuse, etc. Please do not read this chapter if any of these topics trigger or affect you.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Seeing your child grow up is something every parent dreams of. Seeing his daughter grow into a beautiful person was all Christopher Hill wanted. However, the universe had different plans for him. Instead of seeing his daughter grow up, he was instead stuck watching her up from above. The disease that he had been diagnosed with just months before her fifth birthday ended his life 11 years later. He had never been able to process what was happening to him, but the pain went away when he was with his little girl. Only now, he could only dream and remember the moments he shared with her all those years before. He saw the big smile on her face as he taught her how to play soccer. He saw the same smile on her face as she walked alongside the Hughes family into the 2019 NWSL Draft. And all he could do was smile as well, knowing that she would be okay and no matter what life threw at her, she would get through it with Hughes by her side.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The small, brunette-haired girl followed slowly behind her dad, carrying a soccer ball in her small tanned arms. She wasn't sure what they would be doing but she still smiled brightly. Being by her dad's side brought her so much happiness and there was nothing that could stop that.

"Okay Brie, can you come help me place down these cones?" The older man asked, turning to look at his confused daughter

"What for?" She asked in a confused tone, not understanding what the cones were for.

"We are going to work on your passing and dribbling today, and to do that, we use these bright orange cones," He answered, hoping that his daughter understood what they were going to be working on.

"Dribbling?" Brielle wondered with a slight lisp, not understanding what the word meant.

"Okay, um remember when Danny was passing the ball between his feet when running down the field earlier this season?" Chris tried even though he didn't think it would work

"Is that...dribbling?" Brielle guessed with a confused look on her face.

"Yep, and it'll make more sense after you try it out yourself," he told her as he placed the last bright-colored cone down.