Chapter Twelve

TW: Referenced fighting, implied self esteem issues.
——————

Tia was shocked. No one had ever called her "love" before. At least, no one did and truly meant it. Tia just gazed into Veronica's icy, glacier blue eyes. Veronica raised an eyebrow. When Tia's eyes began to water, Veronica immediately got worried.

"What's wrong, Tia?" Veronica spoke, picking up and settling the younger girl on her lap. Tia let a few tears fall. Tia hoped that Veronica truly loved her, but she wouldn't hold her breath. She wasn't used to having people in her life that loved her. She was used to being alone.

"You... You love me, Ronnie?" Tia muttered. She stared at Veronica, who gave a warm smile and held her close. Tia laid her head on Veronica's chest and listened to her heartbeat, giving Veronica's hand a squeeze when she found it with her own. She hoped Veronica really meant it.

"I do. I love you, Tia." Veronica smiled. Tia looked up, she didn't stop herself from letting her tears fall this time. She felt so happy. Someone actually loved her. And Tia knew that Veronica meant it. No one else treated her so kindly. Veronica panicked when seeing Tia cry.

"I-I love you too, Ronnie.." Tia mumbled, just loudly enough for Veronica to hear. She didn't hesitate to wrap her long limbs around Veronica, laying her head on her shoulder. Veronica smiled warmly at Tia and held her on her lap, rocking back and forth, this was much better.

"Can we... Ronnie, can we cuddle?" Tia muttered timidly. Veronica smiled widely. Veronica pulled Tia closer, if such a thing was even possible, and Tia kept her arms and legs wrapped tightly around Veronica. She could feel her eyelids getting heavy, it had been a long day, she wanted sleep.

"You getting tired? Do you wanna lay down?" Veronica muttered. Tia nodded her head wearily. Veronica lifted Tia up and stood, carrying the taller girl to her bed and laying her down, covering her with the blanket. Tia then held out her arms, signaling she wanted Veronica to cuddle her.

"You're awfully cuddly today, Tia." Veronica chuckled. Tia scoffed and continued to hold her arms out. Veronica sat next to her and held her, laying down and keeping her arms wrapped tightly around Tia, who quickly wrapped her arms around Veronica's shoulders. Tia was beginning to drift off to sleep.

"Night night, Ronnie. I love you." Tia muttered, curling up into a ball while wrapping her arms around Veronica's shoulders. Veronica felt her heart soar as she hugged Tia back, tight enough to where Tia would feel safe and loose enough so Tia wouldn't get hurt. Tia gave a sleepy smile.

"Good night, Tia. I love you too." Veronica spoke. A comfortable silence encased the room. Veronica wasn't sure if their relationship would be labeled as platonic or romantic, but to her, that didn't matter right now. Through thick and thin, they would always stick together.

Tia was safe, and that's all that mattered to Veronica.

——————

"Ellie Bellie? Are you in here?" Ellie could recognize that voice from a mile away. It was Lozza. Ellie stood up and made her way over to the door, opening it and being met with a distressed Lozza. She tilted her head, something had to be bugging Lozza, but what?

Ellie didn't even have time to think before Lozza tackled her with a hug, knocking her onto the floor. Ellie smiled and returned the hug. She was finally starting to feel better. She was starting to feel like herself again. She felt like herself, for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"Hi Lozza, what's up? Why are you smiling like that?" Ellie spoke with a smile. Lozza pulled Ellie onto their lap and hugged her. Ellie wasn't sure what she did to warrant snuggles from Lozza, but she wasn't going to complain. Little did she know, there was a reason for Lozza's sudden cuddliness.