nine.

Submitting the first draft of the architecture project, Gyuvin thinks, is a cause for celebration. That's the excuse he gives, anyway, when his friends question why he's overcome by the urge to get wasted at a club on a random Friday night in the middle of the semester, but none of them really have any protests when it comes to actually doing it. They end up playing drinking games with shots of hard liquor which, as expected, ends up with Gyuvin completely passed out in his seat and the other three not much more sober.

"We should leave," Taerae says, rubbing his eyes. "Don't let this one drink anymore. Seriously, his tolerance is so bad he should be banned from playing drinking games from now on."

"Gyuvin-ah," Junhyeon calls, shaking him gently by the arm. "Gyuvin, wake up. Let's go back to our dorms."

Gyuvin, surprisingly, responds to the instruction and opens his eyes, comically patting his pockets before collapsing back into the seat. "I can't find my keys, Junhyeon-ah..."

"He can't find his keys," Gunwook repeats, looking at Taerae. "What now?"

"His roommate works at the bar here, doesn't he?" Taerae answers. "Maybe he can help. Someone go check if he's here right now."

Junhyeon ends up getting sent to elbow his way through the crowd at the bar, which he doesn't protest much about considering the circumstances. There's only one bartender out front tonight, a familiar face Junhyeon thinks he's seen somewhere around the college. What was his name? Something that sounded similar to his own ─ Junhyeong? Jeonghyeon?

"Is Ricky working today?" Junhyeon asks, slurring his words a little, shouting over the music.

"Ricky? No, he's off tonight. Why?"

"His roommate's hammered and he forgot his keys," Junhyeon answers. "I don't even think he can walk straight but that's another can of beans."

Jeonghyeon raises an eyebrow at him in the midst of wiping down a glass. "Can of worms?"

"Who cares what's in the can!" Junhyeon sputters incredulously. "Anyway thanks for nothing. See you around."

They decide their next best option is to somehow contact Ricky and make sure he's home so he can open the door for Gyuvin and make sure he doesn't pass out and piss himself somewhere. Junhyeon debates calling Zhanghao but remembers suddenly his roommate's busy studying for a test on Monday and probably won't answer his phone.

They sit around in contemplation, Gunwook downing the last of his beer, before someone has the epiphany of just calling Ricky from Gyuvin's phone, and Junhyeon spends the next couple of minutes almost losing his mind trying to get Gyuvin to look into the camera so his phone can register his face, but after an astonishing amount of struggling and a few enthusiastic slaps from Gunwook they manage to get his phone unlocked. Gyuvin's contacts list is expansive to say the least, but Ricky's contact isn't difficult to find, one of the only contacts without a special nickname, just his name and nothing else.

Ricky picks up the phone within four rings, and Taerae takes the phone from Junhyeon, pressing it tight to his ear to drown out the deafening music. "Hello?"

"Yeah?"

"Sorry to bother you," he begins politely. "We're at the club and Gyuvin's drunk and forgot his keys. We're just calling to check if you're in the room so you can let him in."

"I'm in the room."

"Yeah, okay thanks. And can you give us some general directions? None of us really knows where his dorm is."

A sigh comes down the line, before Ricky speaks again. "Club Diamond?"

"Mhm."

"Just leave him there. I'll come get him."