Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

            It was Friday, close to the weekend. Most people disliked school days and adored weekends, but I was the opposite. Because with my latest foster family they would be gone on weekends and I would be stuck with two teenagers taking care of the kids white trying to make something only with the very limited amount of food given was tiring. I didn't really get a chance to hang out with anyone because I learned early on that making friends goes nowhere when you are constantly moving. Now it wasn't so bad because I got Facebook and could connect with some of my classmates and acquaintances from other schools, but at home I wasn't allowed on their computer so I would have to use the one at the schools.

            But today I actually was going to school. Well, kind of. Jax and Tara were enrolling me at the local high school, the one that both of them went to. There was another high school, but obviously this was their first choice and if something happened then their back-up plan.

            It was just after one o'clock and I just finished getting ready, putting my hair in a side braid and put on a white beanie while wearing a white t-shirt with a large black heart on it and a pair of dark red shorts. I spent some time working on my eye make-up and giving myself a little smokey-eyed look. Although it wasn't my first day of school, it was still during school hours and people I would be going to school with later are the people I will be seeing today, so it was today where I would really make my first impression.

So I'm not sure how that impression will go when I walk into the school with a guy wearing a Sons of Anarchy cut.

I went on a hunt for my sandals, stepping out of my room and going to the front door. I saw Tara walking around with Thomas in her arms, purse in her hand but her brows furrowed. She saw me and said with a sigh of relief, "oh Sidney, can you take Thomas for a moment? I can't find the keys. Jax is getting Abel ready. They should be out soon."

            I smiled and gently took the baby from her arms and gave him a smile, "of course I can," I gave Thomas a large smile before saying in a high pitched happy voice, "hi Tommy."

            Tara was already in search for the keys and I smiled as I held my brother against me and moved like I was gently bouncing him. I heard Tara go to the kitchen and I head the bathroom door open and I saw Abel run down the hallway to me. I gave him a smile and saw Jax come down the hallway as well, dressed in blue plaid and wearing his cut. He gave me a smile and I smiled back to him as Abel began to put on his shoes. He reminded me to look for my own, so still holding Thomas, I looked at the grey shoe mat and saw my sandals laying there. Putting them on, I heard Tara call, "Jax I can't find the keys. Did you take them."

            "I thought you put them on the kitchen table." Jax called back, moving to the kitchen.

            "So did I but they aren't here..." Tara said in wonder before she moved into the living room and looked around, "Abel honey did you take the keys?"

            The little blonde boy thought for a moment before he said, "I didn't want you to forget them, so I put them on the couch."

            Both Jax, Tara, and my eyes went to the couch and sure enough, that's where they were. Tara leaned down and took the pack of keys before she told Abel, putting on her own shoes, "thank you for trying to help Abel, but remember to tell me, your dad, or Sidney if you take them."

            He nodded once, but I'm sure that it was already forgotten. Jax explained to me as we walked out, Tara locking the door behind us after we all got out, "we have to drop the boys off at TM for the afternoon and then we will be on our way to the school."