Chapter 3

Sonic stops running after the device says he's reaches the power source. He looks around but the only thing he sees is a familiar black hedgehog.

"Hey, Shadow!" Sonic calls out as he jogs towards the hedgehog.

"Sonic? What are you doing here." Asks Shadow.

"Visiting some friends, and probably the same reason you are."

"Energy Readings?"

Sonic nods.

"Well, it seems like we both wasted our time then. There's nothing here."

Then a metallic voice speaks up.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that."

The two hedgehogs look where the voice came from and they see Neo Metal Sonic with glowing purple eyes.

"You see, I'm the energy signature you seek."

Sonic looks at Shadow.

"Please tell me you have the Chaos Emeralds."

"Do I look stupid? Of course I do."

"Good, cause we're gonna need them."

The Chaos Emeralds appear and spin around the two organic hedgehogs powering them up to their Super forms.

"Let's hope this is enough." Sonic says before him and Shadow charge Metal.

Sonic goes for a punch only to get backhanded away. Shadow goes for a roundhouse kick, but Metal grabs his leg and punches him right in the crotch. Shadow gets thrown into the air and kicked away.

"Hey that was cheap!"

Sonic says as he punches Metal on the side of the head.

"So was that."

Metal looks at Sonic. He then proceeds to punch Sonic in the gut, chest, and head. Shadow appears behind Metal ready to use a Chaos Spear to the imposters head. Metal ducks, grabs Shadows leg, trips the hedgehog, and stomps on his junk.

He then kicks Shadow away. Without looking he punches Sonic in the nose. He grabs Sonic and throws him. As Shadow gets back up Sonic lands on him.

[Time Skip]

After two hours of Metal Sonic beating the daylights out of the two, the hedgehogs are catching their breath as Metal slowly walks towards them.

"He keeps kicking me in the dick! Why?! Why's he keep kicking me in the dick?!"

"I have an idea!"

"If you say something stupid, I swear, I'll kick you in the dick!"

"No listen. We both charge him, but you use Chaos Control and get behind him, then you hit him forward and I uppercut him into the air where we can finish him off with a Chaos Blast."

"Let's do it then."

The the two charge forward.

"Chaos Control!"

Time Slows down and Shadow maneuvers behind Metal and kicks him towards Sonic. Time goes back to normal and Metal flys at Sonic. Sonic uppercuts him sending the Metal hedgehog into the air.

The two hedgehogs put their arms back.

"CHAOS BLAST!!"

The two reach forward sending red energy blasts at the Metal hedgehog blowing him up.

Sonic walks over to Shadow celebrating only for them both to collapse from exhaustion, loosing their Super forms. Shadow falling on his back and Sonic on his stomach.

Sonic looks up and his smile fades.

"Hey, Shadow?"

"What, Sonic?"

"We did beat him, right?

"Yes, we both saw him blow up."

"Then why am I looking at about 1000 Metal Sonics?"

Shadow sits up and looks to where Sonic is looking.

"Son of a bitch..."

The two hedgehogs get up and face towards the Metal Sonic onslaught.

Sonic sighs. "Here we go again."

"I can't feel my legs."

The two power back up to their Super forms, ready to face a certain end.