Chapter 7: The Maid Cafe

The story begins with a shadowy figure teleporting into Melony's house to steal the Inkweaver.

The next day, Melony freaks out that the Inkweaver got stolen AGAIN, so she enlists the help of Boopkins, Jubjub, SMG4, Meggy, & Tari to help her. Boopkins calls Melony careless but agrees to help out. Their search leads to a maid cafe, which makes Boopkins and Tari happy. Although Jubjub seems apprehensive about going inside for some reason, he gets dragged along.

Meanwhile, it's a slow day at Bob's Hotel, and Bob, Kaizo, and the Mario Bros. are wondering why. They notice the maid cafe across the street, and Bob declares that it must be stopped because they are stealing business. Kaizo doesn't agree until he sees Whimpu taking Saiko there on a date, to which he is completely on board.

SMG4 and CO enter the maid cafe, where they run into Karen, who just wanted some time off from work, as well as Saiko and Whimpu. Melony asks a guy in a mascot suit about where the Inkweaver is, but said mascot just takes them to their table. Jubjub begins to cry at the presence of said mascot and keeps on clinging to Boopkins for some reason.

Saiko was wondering why Meggy was in a maid cafe, to which she responded that she is here to look for the Inkweaver; she also pointed out that Jubjub may not like anime considering how uncomfortable he is in the maid cafe. An anime girl comes in as their waitress and asks the crew what they want to order in a creepy monotone voice. Meggy seems suspicious, but the gang orders their food.

Just then, Mario, Luigi, Bob, and Kaizo barge in and immediately sit next to the rest of the group, with Mario ordering, what else, spaghetti! Kaizo tells Saiko to dump that nerd (Whimpu) and practice band music with him. This offends Whimpu, who tells Kaizo to get away from his "queen." A catfight ensues.

Later on, everyone, except for Mario, who ordered his food later than usual, gets their food, which tastes scrumptious, and we get some "Food Wars"-level reactions to the food they ate, all the while Bob says that this place is overrated. The waitress says thank you. Right before exploding in a bloody mess, this causes the mascot to rush into the kitchen. This freaks out JubJub even more and makes everyone uncomfortable, but, just before Meggy suspects anything, a live show comes on.

This gives Bob, Mario, and Kaizo an idea. Luigi tries to stop them, but the 3 of them immediately jump on stage & cause havoc. Bob starts to tell everyone to ditch this "run-down rat hole" and go to Bob's Hotel, while Kaizo starts to play the drums. Mario & Bob then show off Meggy's baby pictures, which, understandably, causes Meggy to be extremely hurt by it, as it reminded her of all the times she has been mocked & ridiculed, on TOP of the fact that the one doing the ridiculing what someone SHE ENTRUSTED A LOT. Meanwhile, Luigi covers his face in shame, and Boopkins also has that look of betrayal. SMG4 and company, minus Saiko, who is trying to tell Kaizo to cut it out, and Karen, who is just sipping her coffee, rush to the kitchen to escape the chaos. It is there where they learn WHY Jubjub was uncomfortable & why the waitress bursted into a pool of blood.

"Worthless Piece of Junk!" said the mascot as he throws what is revealed to be the Inkweaver on the floor. The mascot is later revealed to be Ernie, while the chef is revealed to be Dr. Maxwell, who was in the process of poisoning Mario's spaghetti. Dr. Maxwell tries to explain that you can't just use human blood to power up the Inkweaver, which Ernie refutes by asking, "Well then, how did your two children, Whimpu and Karen, come into existence?" "Didn't you say you used blood to bring them to life?" This surprises SMG4 and Co., while Issac refutes it by pointing out that he used a mix of his blood and Mikayla's Inkling ink to bring Whimpu and Karen to life using the Inkweaver when it was stolen by Francis!

Boopkins looks at Whimpu and says, "Y-you're a living drawing?!" To which Whimpu can only whimper and cower in a fetal position while saying, "I am sorry, Mom and Dad." Before these reveals sink in, Tari notices that the waitress goes to give Mario the tainted spaghetti.

They try to stop the waitress, but it is too late, as Mario has already gotten the spaghetti. Luckily, he doesn't eat it and instead strips naked and begins to hump it. The waitresses explode in a pool of blood because of this, which leads to everyone leaving. All the while, Ernie and Issac flee the scene with the Inkweaver in tow through a portal. At least Issac is happy that Meggy liked his food.

After the chaos has died down, Bob states to himself, "Mission Accomplished."....right before Boopkins & Meggy glare at Bob & Mario respectively in an angry manner. First, Boopkins is upset at Bob for ruining his night and being a selfish jerk; he even states that, between this incident and the Music Festival, Bob learned NOTHING from the Rapper's Arc. Bob tries to explain, but Boopkins is having none of it. Meanwhile, Meggy is upset at Mario for revealing her most embarrassing secrets and private stuff. To which Mario responded that he did this all the time while she was on vacation; this is what made Meggy question her friendship with her, pointing out that this harassment is no different than the type of harassment she experienced back home and even saying, "I thought you were my friend Mario." Mario tries to respond by saying, "but I am your friend." to which Meggy refutes by saying, "No you're not, I thought you would always stand up to me, but you're just like the rest of them, you're nothing but a dumb, 2-faced scumbag!"

Tari tells Meggy to calm down and points out that she has some serious anger issues, which leads to Meggy going to a psychiatric ward.