𓋼𓍊𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳𓍊𓋼

emi pov

I roamed the halls, anticipating someone to approach me as usual, asking for my number, or saying they need advice, or calling me pretty. It always happens, so it wasn't strange of me to assume someone would. However, it was the second-to-last week of school. I'd known most of these people all year, maybe even since 6th grade. However people still found a way to find me as 'new' or 'interesting'. But this week had been different. I hadn't had quite as many people approach me, not even my friends were hearing rumors about my love life anymore. I felt, useless. Maybe that's a dumb thought to have. I walked into my 1st hour class, math. The teacher, Mrs. Roberts, was a passionate woman, in her late 30s. She wasn't in the room, so I just sat down in her chair, and opened my phone. Ivy approached me, her eyes reflective of sadness and distress. "What's wrong?" I asked, looking into her deep brown eyes. She didn't respond, but instead looked back into my eyes. For a moment, I think I saw her gaze shift, but it's hard to tell when the room is still dim with morning light. "I'm just, tired." She said, and her expression didn't seem to change, not even a little. "Of?" I said, looking at her. I carefully watched as she tried to think of what to say. It was as if they couldn't find a way to express their pain. "Of trying to escape." They said at last, and my expression dropped. "I'm sorry." I said slowly, not exactly knowing how to respond. Their mouth opened, as if they planned to respond, but Allison walked into the room, and her presence typically lights up a room, so seeing her walk in, dead silent, was shocking. She seemed mortified, almost astray. She didn't talk when we said hi, she didn't scream or even talk the way she normally did. Not even Zarriah could convince her to be herself, and Zarriah was practically the queen bee of school. Allison set her bag down, and walked over to me for a hug. I accepted it, and held her for a moment. I heard her begin to cry, and I patted her hair. I knew she wouldn't deliver an explanation, Ivy looked equally as frightened as I was. Seems like, whatever happened, had changed her. Suddenly, the teacher walked in, and we all settled at our seats. I placed my phone into my bag, and sat behind Allison, and next to Ivy. Class was quiet, well, almost quiet. It was calm and silent until Carson came and sat behind me, deciding to make conversation. He began asking me questions, and not normal ones. Things such as, "What're you doing this summer? Do you plan to attend church?" He said, and suddenly I heard snickers and giggles behind me. I was confused, and turned around. "I mean, you know, worship." He said. I hesitate, but said yes, thought confused. "Really? Well, I thought you didn't believe in god?" He said, sarcastically. I looked horrified, as other people laughed behind him. I sat back in disbelief. I was sort of a believer, I genuinely didn't actually have a belief. When I die, whatever happens happens. But the ones who want to think I'm christian, think I am. The ones to want to think I'm not, think I'm not. I suppose someone in the world I told one thing told another. The rest of class was quiet, and I was dreadful.