𓋼𓍊the end to our peace𓍊𓋼

eden pov

I woke up, my senses very slowly filling in. First it was the more intense ones, sight, smell, taste, feeling. But then, hearing. I suddenly started to hear screams, loud and unruly. Out of fear, I grasp my knife, aware a gun would also be in reach. I sat up, peeking out of my tent, when I hear one last scream, loud. I stand up, and as I face the sounds, I see Ivy. She's covered in blood, and being dragged away. I can feel every muscle in my body aching, wanting to run to save her. But I couldn't, and I wasn't going to. As I heard Allison and Emilies tents opening, I turn around quickly. "Stay still, and keep quiet." I whisper-yell to them. I try to keep my emotions down, but the horror that spread across Emilies face was dreadful. Allison was behind her, her head and eyes down. "Ivy.." I hear Emilie pout out, and I swiftly step across to her tent. "It's okay, we're gonna make it, she's gonna make it! But for now I need you both to stay quiet in case he comes back for round two." I say to the girls in a hushed tone. I turn around, not seeing the man or Ivy in my sight anymore. As Emilies retreats into her tent, I walk back into my mine. I snatch my gun up, and anchor it next to my body. I wasn't going to let go of it. A few minutes pass, and I feel that the presence is gone. But the heaviness of losing Ivy isn't. I walk out, the fire pit is empty, the metal container of food is full, and the camp is quieter than it has been since we arrived. For a moment, I think about going into their tents, and consoling with them. But I know my mission would fail miserably, probably making the girls feel worse anyway. I'm not much help. I wander out into the forest, looking at the scenery. Its sad beautiful, and tragic all at the same time. I didn't really know Ivy, and I know Allison really didn't either. But I'll never unsee her now. Her memories will be burned into me.