𓋼𓍊𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𓍊𓋼

emi pov

I looked around the car, most everyone but Eden was asleep. Allison was snoring, and Ivy was half asleep, daydreaming out the window. Eden grips the steering wheel, and she begins speaking. "So, why did you bring that?" She said, her voice blank, rather than putting an emphasis on that. That being my phone, the most magical device and the only one in the rusty white truck. I paused, my gaze fell down. I didn't bring my phone to get our locations tracked, or even to just be on the media. It was to stay in contact with a boy. I sighed, and watched the window. " It's not that easy to explain." I said, and I didn't hear an immediate response. I had a plan, and I wasn't going to ruin it. I had my phone on airplane mode, every other contact was blocked. I had deleted every app I could off of my phone, they weren't even useful anyways. "Well, I hope you can explain it when somebody else finally snaps." Eden said, a small laugh. Suddenly, Allison yawned, and let out a quiet good morning. I laughed, saying it back. That meant everyone was awake.
Ivy  just wasn't speaking. "Where are we now?" Allison said impatiently. "The middle of Michigan, actually. We'll arrive at the largest forest in the state in about thirty minutes." Eden responded tirelessly. It has been 24 full hours on the road, a 6AM to 6AM. I pushed my head against Ivy's car seat aggressively. "We're in your hometown!" I called, holding the word hometown on the tip of my tongue. Suddenly, I heard the car engine stop, and the keys get dragged out of the ignition. I heard car doors open, and suddenly the realization set in. I was now alone with my closest friends, a few resources, my phone with no cell service, and a forest that ran for miles. Suddenly, I felt the door behind me get opened, and my back fell with it, my head slamming against the grass. My eyes shut, pain filling my head for a moment. But when I opened my eyes, every worry drifted away. It was very dim, the smell of moss and water filled my nostrils, my vision just had trees of dark green, with heavy vines hanging from branch to branch, tree to tree. I could hear Allison and Eden laughing and talking, Ivy looking blankly at me, a small grin across her face. "We're free. Can you tell?" They said to me, and I slowly got up, and out of the car. As I stood, Ivy walked away, the group around me now running into the forest deeper, laughing and yelling. Suddenly I realized that the burdens carried with us from everything else was gone. I couldn't believe it. I got a few things out of the truck, and began walking slowly behind the others, with my bag on my back, and a fold-up tent in my arms. I looked up, the sun rising up made me feel hopeful somehow, as if it was rising like my life would be soon.