Chapter #6- Up You Go, Catnip

The screams of Prim begging Katniss to stay, fills my ears.

"KATNISS!", She says with tears drifting down her cheeks, clinging on to her waist like a magnet.

"PLEASE DON'T GO!"

"Prim!", she says pushing of Prim from her body.

"Prim! Let go!"

Prim is sobbing while Katniss gives me a look.

I run up to Prim and pry her off of Katniss.

While Prim thrashes in my arms, I say, "Up to go, Catnip!", in a voice fighting to keep steady. I keep my head up high while carrying Prim back to her mother. I place Prim down and look up at the stage.

"Well, bravo!" gushes Effie Trinket. "That's the spirit of the Games!" She's pleased to finally have a district with a little action going on in it. "What's your name?", she says to Katniss.

"Katniss Everdeen"

"Well I bet my buttons that was your sister!", she says cheerfully.

I hear sniffles from the other side of me and realize that Prim is clinging onto me for dear life. I put my arm around her and look up to listen.

"Was it?", Effie says.

"Oh- Yeah"

Haymitch Abernathy drunkley clobbers over to Katniss and ramble on about how much he likes her and then Effie draws over to the glass bowl and carefully pulls out a slip.

"Peeta Mellark"