Prologue

The day everyone in Brittany's new life, began to find out the full extent of the trauma that she had suffered in her past, they had also met some of the people who had known her during that time. With the exception of one person who was new. It was Jean-Claude, Anita, Richard, Micah, Nathaniel, Asher, Rafael, Buffy, Giles, Dawn, Xander, Willow, Kennedy, Faith, Andrew, and some bodyguards with them coming to Brittany's therapy and wellness center named Safespace Therapy and Wellness Center to pick her up from work, because they had all sensed that something was off about her lately.

Along with Narcissus and even Kane. So they had decided to pick Brittany up because all of them felt worried about her. Little did they know that the fear was rightly felt.

As they walked into the lobby area, they saw Brittany facing five people she seemed to know, with one other with them. She looked haunted as they joined them which confirmed they were right to worry about her.

"This can't be good." Dawn said softly. And everyone nodded in agreement. Especially when they noticed her anxious habit of fidgeting with a necklace she wore a big percentage of the time, except for when she slept.

"She looks pained." Kennedy said frowning.

"She looks close to an anxiety attack." Asher said recognizing the signs. Which caused worry to rise a bit more.

After they joined them Brittany introduced them to Antonio "Tony" Padilla his boyfriend Caleb, Clay Jensen, Jessica Davis, Alex Standall, and Tyler down. And explained who they were. They were who explained why they were here and what the tapes were.

Brittany had both worried and shocked looks as they learned about Hannah Baker, while they were headed to the Circus of the Damned to listen to the tapes with Brittany. They refused to let her listen alone. As they sat and watched Tony get the first tape and get ready to put it in.

"Ready?" He asked looking mostly at Brittany. The look was enough to tell that he, Caleb, Clay, Jessica, Alex, and especially Tyler was worried about Brittany as well. Everyone else had a feeling that it had to do with the tapes and what was on them.

"As ready as I will ever be." Brittany said as calmly as she could. Though everyone could tell she wasn't calm at all. Tony nodded while looking worried.