Chapter XVII - Protecting Decision

After listening Brittany felt drained and it was obvious that she did, but also that another one of her gifts was waking inside her. Because she looked feverish. So Xander took her to her room, and Andrew and Dawn volunteered on looking after her, while everyone else including Xander could talk about what they suspected about Brittany's monstrous stepbrother.

"We have a feeling the monster of a stepbrother of Brittany's isn't dead like she believes." Tony started.

"You suspect that he possibly faked his death?" Buffy said making it a question.

Tony, Caleb, Clay, Jessica, Alex, and Tyler nodded their heads.

"Looking back now, I wouldn't put it past him to fake his death to make her let down her guard. Then either attacking her again or wait for the right time to grab and do only God knows what to her." Jessica said. And everyone nodded in agreement with her.

"If the tapes and what Brittany hinted at as to him having stalking and obsessing behavior towards her is more than likely a big clue that he probably faked his death and is waiting for the right time to kidnap her." Kennedy said.

"Then we should at least make it very hard for him to do so." Buffy said.

"It might be hard to do though. Because she believed that he could be a demon, or very much like one in human form. Way back when she felt trapped while being abused by him." Tony said.

"You mean like a soldier demon?" Clay asked. And Tony nodded.

"If he is then Brittany truly is in danger. Because those are said to be the most vicious of all demons." Anita said worriedly.

Which made pretty much everyone also worry.

"If that is true protecting her could possibly be more difficult than we hoped it would be." Asher said not liking how this that possible fact.

After talking it over they kept that suggestion as a backup plan. Although Jean-Claude hoped that it wouldn't come to that.

"I will ask Brittany what she wants to do to stay safe in case he is still alive as we all think he is. Deep down even she thinks he might still be alive." Buffy said. And everyone nodded in understanding. Then Jean-Claude had someone show Tony, Caleb, Clay, Jessica, and Alex where they, and Tyler, could stay for as long as they were guests in St. Louis. They also all planned on taking turns on watching over her.