like an angel - takami keigo | hawks (mha)

synopsis: despite what he thinks of himself, you still believe he's an angel.

tags: written from hawks' pov, established  relationship, domestic fluff, written in second person (no name used), domestic!hawks, we don't talk about what's happening in chapter 385

Angel.

Keigo blinks. A shivering sensation not unlike a flush of warmth runs throughout his body.

Angel?

You two are on Keigo's couch, his arms wrapped around you whilst he nestles himself on top of your warm haven of a body. His vermillion wings are spread wide, one splayed over the couch languidly and the other fluttering over the coffee table.

You've been murmuring sweet nothings into his ear for the past half-hour, soft hands playing with his windswept hair. His eyes flutter shut as he breathes in your honey-sweet scent, body and mind going soft under your ministrations.

So when you whisper that word into his hair, into his very being, he's snapped out of his daze.

You feel his lean muscles tense on top of you, his wings puffed up and eyes blinking owlishly at you.

"What's wrong?" You ask, still weaving your hands through his hair. He almost sighs when you gently tug at a particularly sensitive spot.

"You called me angel." That shivering sensation runs throughout him again when he says the word, seeping through his skin like lotion.

"You don't like it?"

That brings Keigo to a pause.

He doesn't...not like it, but he feels strange when you say it, to say the least. Because in his mind, his wings are stained scarlet with the blood of the villains he has hurt and killed.

But god, did it sound nice.

"...I'm not an angel." He mumbles, his eyes tactfully not meeting yours.

Your lips quirk in the ghost of a smile, eyes softening.

"Oh, you most definitely are."

'Because who else if not him?' He just knows that that's what you're thinking right now.

This is the thing that pulled him to you — your effervescent optimism that compelled you to see the good in everyone. To see the good in him. You look past his hero persona, look past all the deeds he has done and the lives he has taken, simply seeing him. His true self, a self locked away in the deepest parts of Keigo, trapped beneath the numerous faces he uses everyday in his line of work.

When you look at him, you don't see Hawks, the man too fast for his good, the man who risks death everyday to protect the citizens of Japan. You see Keigo, a man who deep down, just wants peace.

Keigo gazes at you with such love and awe that you slowly begin to blush. The corner of his mouth quirks upwards when he notices the red on your cheeks, and he finally tucks himself back into the crook of your neck, placing feather-light kisses into your skin.

You go back to murmuring words of affection into Keigo's ear and playing with his hair. Every so often, you whisper the word 'angel' into his skin, feeling how he shivers at the nickname.

It pains you to see him tremble when you call him 'angel'. Because he is one, and you'll tell him over and over until he believes it too.

Because who else if not him?

author's note:
some fluff for you guys because i CANNOT handle what's happening to keigo in the manga rn. hmu if u wanna cry/rant/scream about it together ☝️☝️

date written: 17th may 2023
word count: 547 words