catch me if i fall - hawks | takami keigo (mha)

Synopsis: Hawks takes you for a flight for the very first time! Initially you're terrified, but soon warm up to it. Shenanigans (and tooth rotting fluff) ensue.

Tags: Established relationship, jumping off rooftops, but in a fun way, reader is a little shit, hawks is #done, but he's also #whipped, gender-neutral reader, grumpy x sunshine but keigo is the grump

[cross-posted to ao3]

The two of you soar through the night sky.

It's a feeling like no other to cut through the winds, the bustling nightlife of Fukuoka gleaming far below you as the stars twinkle above.

You aren't sure how Keigo managed to convince you to fly with him, but somehow, you're here. A thousand metres up in the air. The only thing stopping you from falling being Keigo's arms holding your legs and back, tucking your body close to his chest in a tight princess carry.

You yelp as Keigo suddenly dives, plummeting towards the ground, his vermillion wings tucked behind him. Your arms instinctively wrap around Keigo's neck even tighter, heartbeat racing. The action is not missed by him (curse his raptor senses), and he grins at you, chuckling in a way that makes you feel it reverberating through his body more than hear it.

He's breath taking, this far up in the air. The wind fans at his already windswept hair, tousling the blond locks in a way that makes you desperately want to run your hands through it (oh, if only you could). The pale moonlight shines off his skin, enveloping him in an ethereal glow that makes him almost like an angel. His eyes are grinning as he scans the skies, curved up into half-moon shapes that enhance the pointed marks that line the corners of his eyes.

But it's mostly his smile that makes your breath hitch. His mouth is parted into an open-mouthed grin that's growing by the second. The pure joy in his smile is blinding — so mesmerising that you find yourself grinning too. It's a look so very different from the classic PR hero smiles that he wears as Hawks. It's more...free. More like Keigo as you now know him.

By the time the two of you touch down onto the top of Fukuoka Tower, your legs have turned to jelly. Keigo winds an arm around your waist, tucking you close into his side.

From your vantage point, you can see the sprawling buildings of Fukuoka on your right, with Hakata Bay on your left.  Down below, you can just make out office workers walk into a bar, celebrating the end of the working week. You glimpse a group of teenagers laughing as they leave a shopping mall.

The city is bustling and the night is young, but you can barely tell. Up here, even with the wind, it's calm. Serene. As if nothing else in this moment exists except for the two of you, huddled together as one.

"It's beautiful." You murmur, looking out across the night, turning your gaze to glimpse the rippling waves of Hakata Bay.

(Keigo, unbeknownst to you, is not looking at the scenery.

He's looking at you.)

"...Yeah." He replies, after a moment. "It really is."

It's silent between the two of you once more. Once upon a time, you would have found the silence uncomfortable. You would have filled the quiet with words. But with Keigo? The silence becomes less of an uneasy dread, and more of a companionable tranquillity.

You know he feels the same way too, from the soft smile on his face and the relaxed position of his shoulders. Your heart swells with pride at the fact that, out of all the people in Japan, only you get to see the man too fast for his own good slow down to stop and smell the roses.