Dipper

Chubby satyr Dipper bringing the seasons to the forests of Gravity Falls. What will the pines family do when they see him accidentally?
Mabel's an only child and is visiting her grunkles for the summer
———
Spring

Dipper was wandering through a sparse glade, sky open surrounded by a ring of thick trees. He let his hand drag through the underbrush and shrubs, swaying gently with the breeze. Little flowers and sprigs of baby plants popped up in his wake.

Spring was always one of his favorite seasons, so full of life and colours. He especially loved seeing all the new baby animals. The little fox kits would walk with him, their mother not far behind as she watched from beneath a bush as her little kits yapped and tussled with each other at the saytrs hooves. Little fawns would scamper through the trees, trilling a good morning to him when their mother chided them for passing by one of the season bearers. Instructs buzzed around his ears, whispering stories and hopes for their past and oncoming adventures, blissfully unaware of the short and agonizing life they led of reproducing, eating from garbage and sweet smelling, but carnivorous plants, endlessly being swat at and sprayed by chemicals as the humans refused to listen to their charming melodies.

He heard a sharp cry, one of a baby animal no doubt. Tilting his ears up, swiveling them around until he caught the sound once again. He quickly ran into the trees, followed by a large stag not yet mated and busy to begin looking for the distressed animal. It did not take long to come into a small opening in the thick layer of trees, ground soft and spongy beneath his hooves with long fallen pine needles he could never seem to rid this part of the forest of. A small possum, likely a newly adolescent, was struggling in a snare that had wrapped itself around his fragile paw. Dipper cooed, quickly tramping over to it and falling to his knees, thick fuzzy hindquarters settling against the side of the possum to hopefully allow the poor creature some ease to his panic as help had arrived in the form of a pudgy goat boy.
"Shh, darling, I've got you. Please stop struggling, you don't want to lose that foot of yours now do you?" He never was the best at comforting. To his credit, the possum did stop struggling. Albeit from fear or genuine relaxation we'll never know. Dipper hovered his hands above the thin wiring, daring not to touch it directly as he grew even thinner vines from the ground below the snared animal, working their way beneath the wiring and loosening it just enough to allow the poor thing to scamper free. "There you are, run along now. Your mam must be worried sick." He waved as the possum scurried away, letting out little chirps of appreciation in its wake.

"What the actual fuck."

Dipper jumped, whipping his head around as he heard the voice sound from behind him. A large, rather intimidating man —if he does say so himself— stood their slack jawed, a large hunting rifle slung over one shoulder. Dipper squealed, quickly stumbling to his hooves and pivoting to run off before he was cut off once more, caught in the arms of an even larger man.

"Let me go! Let me go! I won't be mounted on your wall like all of my poor kin!" He wailed, flailing his thick arms around, hooves stamping at the ground like an angry bull ready to charge. He wasn't much of a bull though. The little, barely curled tips of his horns poking out nearly invisible beneath his thick head of curly brown hair paired with his equally fluffy little cream and brown speckled tail didn't give him the air of threat that he would have so wishes for in this moment.

"Calm down! Calm down! We ain't gonna kill ya and mount you to a wall! Where'd you even get that idea from? Poachin's illegal in these parts anyhow." The man with the rifle over his shoulder had seemingly snapped out of his stupor, coming to stand beside the other man who still held the flailing saytr. "What even are ya? You some... some- weird little fluffy leprechaun?" He questioned, gruff voice breaking with a laugh. Dipper stopped flailing, his mouth falling agape in an offended frown. "Did you just call me... a leprechaun?! Oh I'll show you a damn—" he screeched, resuming his flailing. This time it seemed more like the other man was holding him back from pummeling this guy rather than trying to escape and run away.

"Woah there little stag, let's calm down now..." the man who held him chuckled, bringing a hand up to pet at the saytrs fluffy hair. "Aye!—"

"Let's take 'em back to the shack. No doubt it'd bring in a fortune! A live... Not Leprechaun exhibit!" The man laughed to himself as he walked off, seeming rather pleased. The taller man who still held on to him, against his will might I add, just shook his head and began to follow. Dipper was now handing unceremoniously by his arms, his hooves just barely grazing the ground and he was carried like a puppy in air jail.

A short, waaay longer than he would've liked, walk later they came up to a rather dilapidated looking shack. The door was standing ajar, shouting filtering out through it. "Mabel! We're home! Get down here, we've got somethin!" Short rifle man shouted, causing Dipper to cringe and flatten his ears to his skull. The close proximity of the walls and closed in ceiling made him skittish and claustrophobic, like a caged animal. He was so used to the open skies and never ending territory of the wilderness that he felt out of his element in space like this. Though, he could always just grow branches from the cut wood that made up the house. He could feel the upset and pain from the trees that had been cut down and nailed together to make up the house. Eugh... he definitely needed to get out of here.

The tall man finally dropped him, leaving him to huddle on the floor shaking as he shut and locked the door. Dipper puffed, looking around the small hallway into a living room about the size of a small fox den. A dirty sofa sat against the wall facing an old, staticky tv and a rather frightening side table in the shape of a giant skull. What, just because he's never been inside any human dwellings doesn't mean he doesn't know about all there stuff. Saytrs get bored sometimes after all...

He startled as he heard a small pair of feet stomping down the creaky stairs on the right of him, quickly stumbling up and shifting ever so slightly into the living room when a girl just a bit taller than himself skipped down, gasping and slapping her rosy cheeks when she saw him. "Oh my goooosh! Who is this little cutie? Grunkle Ford, did you get me a pet on your hunting trip?!" She yelled excitedly, running up to a frightened Dipper and squishing his chubby cheeks and petting at his thick head of curls.

Dipper yelped, slapping her hands away and running to hide behind the arm of the old couch, peeking out from the side to be sure she didn't follow him. "Mabel, be nice to the poor thing. He's frightened as is." The man, 'Grunkle Ford', chuckled. Mabel whined, letting her arms droop to her side as she watched longingly at the little saytr cowering behind the sofa.

"Fiiiine... but promise to let me play with him later! Candi and Brenda would have a blast with my new friend." She perked up remarkably fast, skipping away back up the stairs and into some other room where she began shouting once more. Probably at those 'Candi and Brenda' people.

"Sorry about her, she gets... excited when we bring back a new creature." Foes laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. Dipper just huffed, a cloud of dust coming up from the arm of the couch and making him sneeze.
'Gods I have to get out of this crazy house.'