Transfiguration

Some first year gryffindor and hufflepuff found a little white ferret in the courtyard. Knowing that white ferrets often are blind or have health issues they pick it up with intent to help keep it safe and healthy until the animals owner inevitably comes searching for it.
Little did they know, this ferret is none other than Draco fucking malfoy.
The hufflepuff is a snake animagus and the gryffindor is a wild cat animagus
———
"Oh you poor darling!" He startled as he heard a loud gasp from behind him, turning to spot a girl in red and black robes walking towards him with her lips pressed thin. 'Oh you have got to be kidding me.'

The girl leaned down, holding out her hand to the little white ferret sitting on the wet cobblestone of the courtyard. "Are you lost, sweetie?" She asked, voice tender and worried. Draco, who was currently having the worst day of his life after being transformed into a ferret by his crazy teacher, snapped at her fingers, barely grazing the soft pink skin. The girl yelped, retracting her hand quickly in surprise. Her lips drew into a pout, standing back up. 'Good, maybe she'll leave now.'

"Raime! (Pronounced ray-me) Come here please." The girl called, turning her back to Draco as she shouted for someone who was undoubtedly her friend and probably his worst nightmare.
A girl wearing a fluffy yellow and black scarf and matching sweater with a pleated black skirt came skipping over, a pile of snow held in her right hand. "Yes, Esmeralda ?"
"Look at this poor little thing! It must be freezing but it won't let me touch it. It must be scared..." the girl, Esmeralda pouted, gripping the sleeve of her friends sweater and pulling on it like a petulant child. 'Gryffindors...' Draco thought bitterly.

"Yes, yes, it's probably cold as well. It's close to below zero 'round night time now." Her friend, Raime spoke in such a sweet voice only disturbed by her choppy accent. 'Was that German, perhaps? Yes, it must be. Not many other languages match that. Now why hasn't she gone to Dermstrong? I heard they've started accepting girls into their programs now. How odd she's here.'

"Meine Güte ... ich werde bis Ende dieses Jahres einen Zoo haben. Manchmal kommt es mir so vor, als wäre sie eher ein Hufflepuff als ich!" Raime muttered rather loudly beneath her breath. 'Mhm, definitely German.'
The hufflepuff reached down, clicking her tongue gently as she held her hand out to him. "Come on dear. Let's at least take you inside to wake you up, how does that sound?" She asked sweetly, swaying her fingers a bit to try and coax what she thought was a lost pet towards her.

'Oh hell no.' It was one thing to allow this damned gryffindor near him, but he will not be called upon like an..- an animal!
Draco let out a little hiss. It sounded pretty pathetic. But hey! He wasn't used to this weird body now, was he?! How was he supposed to know how to use these weird vocal cords...

Raime just scoffed, pulling her hand back and standing up. "Esmeralda, look away please love."
"Why?"
"Just do, please."
Raime shrugged, turning her back to the two and rocking on her heels as she waited.

Esmeralda sighed again, this time taking two large steps over and swiping the little white ferret up, gripping its scruff. In turn, Draco went affectively limp in her grasp. 'What the fuck?!'

Raime let out a triumphant huff and turned back to Esmeralda. "Alright, you can look now."
Raime spun back around, gasping as she saw the little ferret in the Hufflepuffs grasp. "You caught it! Oh wonderful job, let's go get this little nugget inside now to warm up!" She giggled as she began running off back towards the castle.
Esmeralda just huffed a laugh and followed, albeit more slowly.