Chapter five

¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Maple's POV

"Sweetie could you make up a batch of these bouquets. We've got a few order's prebooked." My mother signed. I nod and take the piece of paper from her grasp, scanning through all the bouquets that need to be made up for later whilst she leaves the room.

I circle back and pick at all of the flowers that have been arranged on the paper for each arrangement. My mother has been teaching me the names of the flowers that adorn this room since I was a child. I'd sit on one of the bar stools as she stood behind me, helping to put together all of the bouquets while naming each flower and what it signified.

I pick out some flowers adding them to the basket next to me, and adding them to the fancy gold and white paper we have.

Magnolia's for luck and stability.

Pink Delphiniums for youth and renewal.

I stop hovering over the white lilies.

White lilies are a complicated flower. They're frequently used as sympathy flowers and can be found at funerals. I would know I guess. They are also used at weddings to symbolize rebirth and purity. They were my father's favourite flowers.

It's weird how people use them in times of sadness and loss, but also in times of joy and friendship.

Picking them up I linger, tracing the white petals delicately with the tip of my finger before placing some in the basket, forcing myself to look away from them.

As I finish digging through the remaining flowers, the light in front of me light's up red. My mom got it installed around the house so I know when someone's about to enter the room. I sigh and dust some pollen off my fingers before approaching the front of the desk, carrying the basket with the bouquet that I've made so far. It's probably a customer coming in for their order.

Oh no.

Why universe? Why?

"Why is it that you seem to follow us everywhere?" I manage to make out from Lorelei's lips. Aka my worst enemy. She's always been quiet a slow talker, either that or she over pronounces words. Like a lot. I guess it's a sort of punishment to be able to read her lips better than everyone else.

Let's just say she's been out for me for quite some time, including her little clique. They're labelled as the "rich kids." They're always running the place around college as if they're the best. We met on the first day of college when I was late for class and couldn't find my way, so I ran into her and bumped into her. She ended up stepping in a muddy puddle before she started screaming at me. I recall her yelling at me, but I just stood there, unable to grasp what she was saying.

My guess is she was angry about getting dirt on her 'designer' shoes.

And follow you everywhere, your in my mom's shop?!

I look down at the paper from earlier trying to see if her name is on any of the order's. That is until the paper is snatched from me, the paper crinkling in her hold. Her group snicker from behind her, causing my cheeks to heat up in embarrassment.

Sebastian takes the piece of paper from her with a frown before passing it back over to me with a warm smile. Um... the hell?

Sebastian and I first met in middle school, I've pretty much had a crush on him since then. He was the popular guy in school, and is now the popular guy in college, so I guess that makes me the cliché girl, doesn't it? The popular hockey player, and the quiet deaf girl. I mean who wouldn't like him with his light golden blonde hair and bright marine blue eyes? And look at those dimples.