Chapter six

¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Ryder's POV

I fucked up. 

My attempt at humor had backfired horribly, leaving a trail of hurt and misunderstanding in its wake. I cursed myself for my thoughtlessness, for not considering the impact of my words on someone who had shown me vulnerability and trust. I felt the weight of my mistake, knowing I had let her down. That text was misinterpreted the wrong way, and I'm only now realizing how much I've fucked this up.

But I refused to give up. With a mix of determination and humility, I typed out an apology, pouring my sincerity and remorse into every word, hoping against hope that she would find it in her heart to forgive me. That was until I realized she'd blocked my number. 

I didn't mean to imply that I'd dated a lot of women. I mean, I used to, but that was the old me. I was going to say that she was different from the other girls. Like stars in the sky. There are hundreds, thousands, and millions of stars. But she shines the brightest of all the stars.

I punch the bag with all my strength as I watch it swing side to side. I take a deep breath in while wiping sweat from my brow and flicking my slick black hair away from my eyes. Sweat dripping from the strands of my hair and to the floor, my skin now shiny with sweat.

What exactly am I supposed to do? She's blocked my number, and I doubt she'll unblock it any time soon. Or at all. I'm not sure where she lives. I have no idea-

Ares. 

My eyes widen as I take fast steps from our home's basement. When we started making a living from our music, we built a gym. It was either this or being stripped naked by people's eyes everywhere we go. Not to mention the paparazzi. They'll end up seeing is somewhere and twisting the story, creating some drama that has no need to be shared.

 I knock on the door to Ares' room not bothering to wait as I quickly enter. My eyes shut tightly while a disgusted scoff escapes my throat once I see the very naked form of Ares on his bed. Ares' chuckle fills the room, amusement in his voice, I keep my eyes shut tightly, trying to burn the image of what I just witnessed out of my head.

"Dude, one. Ever heard of knocking. Two, you have a dick too, it's not like your seeing anything new. I mean I know it's b-" I interrupt quickly, not wanting to think about what I just saw, let alone talk about it.

"No. Nope. Noooooo. Okay one, I did knock. Two, I still do not need to fucking see... that. And why the hell are you naked?"

"Do you really want to know?" 

....

Nope. Not in the slightest. 

"Look can you get changed. I need to talk to you." I huff. 

"We are talking." Ares chuckles, but not before I hear him sigh. The sound of shuffling sounding throughout the room. I hear him mumble how much of a prude I am under his breath. Look I don't have a problem with nakedness not in the slightest, I just don't need to see my best friend's or better yet my non biological brother's dick.

"Ok you can look." 

I peek one of my eyes open cautiously, thankful to see he's already got some jeans on which are ripped at the knees, and is pulling a grey shirt over his head.

"Soooo wassup?" He asks, sitting down on his bed, and throwing his legs up into a comfortable position. 

"You talked to Maple's friends right? The guy? At the bar?" I ask. Secretly crossing my fingers  over one another, in hopes that he says yes.