Chapter nine

¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Ryder's POV

The weight of the world bore down on me, each note of expectation heavier than the last. The record company awaited my magnum opus, a symphony that would resonate through souls. Yet, here I sat, a composer without a melody, a poet without words.

Days and nights blurred into a haze of frustration and self-doubt. The studio, once a sanctuary, felt like a prison of silence. My guitar, faithful companion through years of music-making, seemed foreign in my hands. The strings offered no solace, only a cacophony of discordant sounds mirroring my inner turmoil.

I forced my fingers to dance across the frets, chasing elusive chords like dreams slipping through my grasp. But the muse remained elusive, the harder I pursued, the further she slipped away. Each attempt to put pen to paper was a confrontation with the empty page, a battlefield of unspoken verses.

In defeat, I placed my guitar aside, its hollow body reflecting the void within. I stared at the blank notebook, pages waiting to be adorned with words that seemed to mock my impotence.

Then, a gentle knock echoed through the room, and Logan, my manager, entered. He saw the turmoil in my eyes, the silent struggle, and sat beside me. His touch was a lifeline, grounding me amidst the tempest within.

"Ryder, sometimes you need to let go," he said, breaking the suffocating silence. "Creativity is a wild spirit; it can't be tamed by force. Let it find you."

I closed my eyes, letting his words seep in. Slowly, I let out a long deep breath, releasing the tension in my muscles.

"Your a brilliant songwriter Ryder. It will come to you when you need it, trust me." Logan says, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"I hope so," I sigh, the pressure from the record company heavy on my mind. 

"But time's ticking, and they're expecting something extraordinary. I can't just half ass this you know?" 

Logan nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Well I've got an idea that might lift your spirits. How about performing at a charity event in a few weeks? It could be just the thing to rekindle your creativity, and it's for a great cause."

I think over the idea for a moment, nodding as I turn towards Logan. 

"Performing for a cause we care about... it might just light that creative fire. Yeah, it could be exactly what we need."

A smile crept across Logan's face, obviously seeming to be relieved. 

"Exactly. Sometimes, giving back to the world can reignite your passion. And the audience there will be supportive; their energy might just fuel your inspiration."

"I'll go let the other's know, and get you booked in." Logan said getting up from my bed and walking over towards the door.

"And Ryder. Please, take a break. Go out for a walk, go I don't know. Just go do something okay?" 

I nod, falling against the bed, with my back against the covers. The sound of the door shuts from behind me, leaving me with the sound of my thoughts.

The weight of the music industry's expectations was smothering, suffocating my creativity. I needed an escape, a refuge away from the haunting hum of melodies in my mind. With a determined resolve, I decided to head to the arcade just a short walk down the road. The arcade was a haven of vibrant chaos, a kaleidoscope of flashing lights and playful sounds.