Chapter eight

¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Maple's POV

Lin leaned forward, her eyes wide with curiosity. "Right, spill the beans, Maple! How was the date?" She signs, exaggerating every arm and hand movement.

We've all been lying on my bed this morning, they came round as soon as they could after hearing about the date last night.

I let out a small smile "It was good... He was funny, charming. He took me to this cute café down the road. "

Waylen throws his body over the bed, lying down on his side. Causing the bed to jiggle under his weight. "Good start! So, did you guys have that cliché 'two straws, one drink' moment?"

Wow. Well I mean... Waylen is a romantic kind of guy. He's the type of guy that will move mountains to insure his partner has the best date ever. "No. But he did get me a coffee, and took me on a late evening walk."

"That's adorable! But your hiding something. I can see it." Lin signed leaning so close to me we could almost be touching noses. What is she doing? 

"I can smell the lies." Mine and Waylen's eyes widen as I move to lean away. Why does she kind of sound like Yzma from The emperor's new groove?

"I um... well I kind of signed to my mom about him, and well... it turns out Sebastian can sign."  

Waylen bursts out in laughter, his shoulders shaking before he falls right off the bed. Is he good? I lean over the bed to make sure he's okay, but he's writhing across the floor in laughter like a pig rolls around in mud... Not that I'm comparing Waylen to a pig or anything. 

I move back towards Lin, deciding to leave Waylen to himself for a minute.

Lin raised an eyebrow playfully. "He can sign? What did you exactly say?"

My cheeks heat up as I try hiding my face in my pillow. "I called him cute." I sign so quickly that Lin and Waylen just look at me confused.

"You what?" Waylen signs, peering up from the floor. 

"I might have... possibly. Said he was cute." Lin and Waylen both look towards me. If I could hear right now I could immediately tell you that this is an awkward silence.

"Possibly." Waylen signed like there was only one right answer.

I nod, not really knowing what to say. I'm an idiot. I'm awkward in social situations okay, what am I supposed to say? Why do words not work when I want to use them?

"Ooookkaaayyyy. So anyways. I kind of have something important to tell you." Waylen signed, his face now gone completely serious... okay?

"Well um..."

"Just spit it out already." Lin signs, already starting to look impatient.

"So... Ares got in touch with me... about Ryder. He said he's been trying to contact you." 

The what now? 

...

"You've been talking to Ares?" I ask, a smile making it's way onto my face. A cheeky smile also appearing on Lin's face. 

"Why do you always pick up the wrong information. Helloooooo? Ryder?" Waylen signs out dramatically. 

"Do you like him?" I sign.

"Are you two dating?" Lin signs.

"How long have you been talking?" I sign.

"Do you find him smexy?" Lin signs.