Chapter 1: Strange Dreams

I was awoke in the middle of the night confused by a dream I had, by heart pounding frantically. I tried to catch my breath. "They are coming?" I whispered to myself, questioning the last sentence I remember hearing from my slumber. This was the third night this week of strange dreams. I know there was more to each one. They were almost a story connected, but all I remember from them are symbols and one sentence from each. The first night the dream left me with "they wear human skin." The second night was 'its not a storm,' and tonight,'they are coming." Every dream has made me more paranoid, I find myself fidgeting and shaking when I think back on them. It's hard to focus when at work.

I try to remind myself that it's only been three days, I feel like I'm going insane but it's only been three days. What doesn't help is that ever since the first dream, I have been seeing these symbols everywhere, in the shower, in mirrors, on the road when driving. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. My newly needed psychiatrist sits back in her chair. "What you need to remember Thomas is that these are simply dreams. They hold no power in reality." I told her that logically, I know that, but in my subconscious and deep inside my mind, everything feels wrong. This feels like so much more than just dreams.

I'm in the car now trying to focus on the road, trying to ignore the symbols, the last message playing in my head on repeat "They are coming, They are coming, They are coming." Then nothing everything is black empty as though I drove into some dark void. I hear voices speaking seemingly at random, one voice overlapping itself. I struggle to make out a few sentences. "Soon, they will be here soon. Trust no one. Don't drink it! You're not crazy. They aren't human! They will get you. Don't let them in your mind. They wear human skin! Don't let them get you."