Chapter 4: Group Psychosis

I finally woke from this medically induced coma. The nurse informed me it had been about three days, but I was healthy now. She asked about the Anti-Psychotic. I told her, "I'm not sure if it means it's working, but I had no dreams." I wondered if I shouldn't have lied, but I don't trust her. I don't trust this place... I hope I'm not insane, I know I must sound like I am, but these can't be just dreams, can they? I walk out of the medical ward and am lead to the cafeteria, Victoria begins to talk to me. "You are going to be confused, but trust me, everything you are experiencing is just psychosis. There are people here who will say things that sound familiar. Don't let yourself feed off of it. This facility is specially designed for people who show signs of being susceptible to group psychosis. Expect people to hear you and it effect them, and try not to be affected by what they say. Only trust the nurses to tell the truth, take your medication, and focus on reality. If you forget what that is, find me or another nurse, and we will remind you." I tell her,"Thank you, " as I get into the line to eat.

The food is honestly not as bad as I expected, I had a Sloppy Joe, and I'm sure it was just canned meat and cheap bread, but it was edible. I hear a man start screaming, "They wear human skin! Help They wear human skin!" Everyone in the mess hall looks away, so I do the same as too orderlys grab him and drag him off somewhere. I quietly whisper to the guy beside me. "If this is group psychosis... how is that man I've never met saying something I've only ever told my psychiatrist?" The man looks up at me and tells me to get away from him. He says if I'm going to talk like that, I'll just get him into trouble.

I finish eating the rest of my meal silently.
Before a bell rings and the orderlys at the door begin directing the patients out. We are all leading to a rather large room. There are tables with crayons and paper, some board games with larger than normal pieces, I assume as to avoid choking. I think to myself a strange thought, something along the lines of "I bet you I could still choke on that if I wanted to."They But then "thats what she said." popped into my head, and I forced the thought to the side before it got worse.

They Wear Human Skinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें