The bots and the bees

Rebecca came running into the living room to show her brother her new drawing, not knowing that his classmates were already there.

"Hey Malcolm," she said before realizing that the boys were there too, "...And the boys too, what do you think of my drawing? It's the trinity, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman!"

Malcolm sighed, "I hate the fact that you're better at something than me."

A smirk formed on Rebecca's face, "There's no way you're stealing the only thing I'm good at."

Malcolm rolled his eyes as the boys eyes lit up, "Your drawing skills are amazing, it looks like a real picture!" complimented Lloyd.

Dabney added, "Your drawing is amazing, it looks like it came out of a dream."

Rebecca laughed a little, awkwardly, "Thanks guys, that's so kind of you," she said as she looked down, her cheeks growing pinker.

"Becky, do you have anything to do right now?" asks Malcolm, she shakes her head, "Would you like to help us make the robot? You know, you're good at drawing and all."

Rebecca raised her eyebrows, "What robot?"

"It's a robot fight." pointed Malcolm at the TV.

Rebecca watched the TV for a bit to see what her brother was talking about, "Yeah, that sounds cool, I'm in!"

Sounds of joy from the others followed.

---

Rebecca asked, confused to the gifted people gathered around the table, "I don't understand what you're saying, can you please speak normally?"

Malcolm replied, "All you have to do is give us your ideas, you don't have to understand what we're saying."

Right after that, Hal came over to give some ideas and let the kids know that it was okay if their parents didn't know they were going to build robots without their permission, which was not surprising from him.

---

The next day, Rebecca woke up to sawing noises, which panicked her, so she ran to the living room to see her brother Malcolm and her father with the robot that just sawed the chair in half.

"What's that?" she asked, eyes wide, dark circles noticeable, not to mention her disheveled hair.

Hal put his hand on his daughter's shoulder before answering, "This, my daughter, is my robot that can saw through anything you want."

Rebecca's mouth was wide open, she had never seen a machine like this.

---

The young girl was cleaning the house which was a mess when her twin brother came up to her, "Rebecca, why are you cleaning the house?"

"Mom asked me to do it before I left, since you guys are boys, you're definitely not going to do it; anyway, what do you want to tell me, I know there's something else."

"Dad has gone completely crazy, he's taken up smoking, he has dark circles deeper than Reese's idiocy, and even the Krelboynes don't want to do the robot anymore!"

"I knew it, from the morning, I felt he was going to go crazy, he can't live without mom, she's his number one support, without her, he loses his mind, and that's what we call true love."

"Ew, you know I don't like it when people talk to me about love."

Rebecca took on a fake innocent look, "Nah, I had no idea."

He just rolled his eyes at her answer.

---

And the twins' words were true because shortly after, they found their father dancing in his underwear, a top on his head, with Dewey and Reese eating ice cream.

Rebecca and Malcolm exchanged a look before the handset rang, Malcolm then took the phone before Hal took it from his hands and more or less quit his job and ripped the handset off the wall.

---

In the end, the twins asked Greg to help them calm their father, without success, but it all ended very badly because Hal ended up with bees from head to toe, as if without their mother, the household would not even last a week. When Lois came back, Rebecca was so happy that she even drew for her.