Therapy

Rebecca was in the middle of braiding her hair when she saw her brother walk up, "Hey, why aren't you wearing your costume?"

"Because mine is ridiculous."

"Right, did I get my braid right or not?" she asked as she spun around.

Malcolm shrugged, "I don't know much about girl's hair, but I'd say yes?"

"It's better than nothing."

This week was Medieval Week for the Krelboynes, so each student had to wear costumes that matched the era, much to the dismay of Malcolm, who hated his jester costume while Rebecca was pleased with her medieval princess costume, despite the fact that she hated dresses.

"Aww, Malcolm, you'll crack all the girls up with that jester's disguise," Rebecca joked, sarcastically.

Reese added, "When Becca laughs at you, it means that you're really ridiculous."

"Very funny," Malcolm said, rolling his eyes.

Jade, who had just arrived in the room, also dressed as a princess, tried to reassure Malcolm as best she could, "I really like your bells, and uh, I like it when they make noise!"

"Thanks anyway JJ, otherwise, I like your dress, the green goes very well with your hair color."

"Thanks, it's rare to see you pay a compliment!"

Rebecca put her hand on her hip, "And why didn't you compliment me, I've got almost the same dress!"

"Well, you're my sister, and people never compliment their sisters. It's weird."

Rebecca and JJ both said at the same time, "Stupid boy rules!"

Reese replied with a smirk, "Stupid but useful."

Malcolm, JJ, and Rebecca were walking the three of them toward the path to their respective homes after school.

"Hey girls, you know that Dabney's dentist appointments aren't actually that, they're actually appointments with the school therapist!"

JJ replied, "Uh, we all knew, it was just you who didn't."

"What?! And you didn't tell me before? All the benefits I could have had!"

Rebecca asked, "What do you mean, 'the benefits'?"

A smile appeared on Malcolm's face, "Don't worry, just wait until tomorrow."

Rebecca stopped in mid-stride, then exclaimed, "Oh no, I hate it when you make that face, it means you've got a bad idea in the back of your head, no but answer me seriously, what's your idea," but Malcolm ignored her and continued on his way, happily.

Rebecca whispered to JJ, "I can't believe we have to do this in front of everyone!"

She replied, "I like this dance, and I don't have a reputation, so I don't mind."

Caroline spoke, "Okay, everyone get in their circles and..."

Everyone started to dance when Malcolm jostled Rebecca.

"Be careful-"

Malcolm shouted into the middle of the class, "Sorry! Damn it! Stupid! I can't do it! I'm stupid, and I'm terrible! I suck at everything! And I'm fat!"

At that moment, Rebecca made the connection between what her brother had said yesterday and now, and she realized how cunning he could be sometimes.

Rebecca came home from class just to see her twin reading a book, being surrounded by lots of other books.

"So your therapy session went well, sorry I couldn't come home with you, I had to pick up a few books at the bookstore."

"Uh yeah don't worry about that, I'm reading some books on anxiety so I can pretend better, you know," he paused before resuming, "Ha, and I forgot, the therapist says it would be favorable for you to come and see her sometime."

Rebecca began to frown, "Why, I didn't do anything!"

"I know, but it's because you're in the same family as me and it's because you're my twin, who's also a genius."

"So in that case, I'll go and have a look over there, do I have to lie about anything in particular?"

"Nah, don't worry."

Arriving at Madame Gilbert's office, which was already open, Rebecca knocked twice, nervously.

The therapist, who was reading a book, finally noticed the young girl, "Ah, you must be Rebecca, right? Come in," she said, and Rebecca did.

She began fidgeting with her bracelet, "So, my brother Malcolm asked me to come and see you, so here I am."

"Yes, I told him it would be favorable if you came to see me to confide in me, you know?"

"Right, and what do you want me to confide in you," Rebecca stated, still looking wary. She wasn't used to talking about her emotions.

"I don't know, tell me a bit about your life, your goals, for example..."

"Um, I know it's a bit weird to ask you this, but can I play with the stress ball over there, I'm not used to doing this kind of thing."

A smile came to her lips before she replied, "Of course you can, and it's not weird at all."

Seeing the tenderness the woman had with her, Rebecca decided to leave her distrust aside and decided to trust her, talking about her goals, her anxieties, her exploits, and above all her daily life.

"Well, the session's over, Rebecca. Would you like to come in once in a while? In my opinion, you clearly need to."

Rebecca agreed and left the room, proud to have finally been able to confide in someone without feeling ashamed.

Over the course of the week, Rebecca felt more and more at ease with the therapist, confiding in her her biggest secrets, as if she felt more and more involved in these sessions, while her brother Malcolm was doing the opposite, using these sessions for his own benefit, or so Rebecca thought, so when Malcolm was disappointed to miss the museum visit, Rebecca was very happy.

But as all good things must come to an end, the therapist came to their home. Rebecca and Malcolm were already dreading her arrival, especially since Reese was also taking consultations. They were caught off guard.

They finished by crying in their mom's arms, the 3 of them apologizing.

A/N: sorry this is kinda rushed, had originally planned Rebecca to have anxiety