The new friend

It was a Saturday afternoon, and Rebecca was excited to introduce her new friend, Emily, to her brothers. Emily had recently moved to their neighborhood, and they had quickly bonded over their shared love for art and music.

As Rebecca and Emily entered the house, the sound of laughter and playful banter filled the air. Reese was engaged in a heated game of video games with Malcolm, while Dewey was building a towering Lego structure in the corner.

Rebecca approached her brothers with a mischievous smile. "Hey, guys! I have someone I want you to meet. This is Emily, my new friend."

Emily shyly waved at the boys, her eyes bright with anticipation. "Hi, it's nice to meet all of you."Reese, always the one to jump at the opportunity to make an impression, stepped forward with a confident grin. "Well, hello there, Emily. You're lucky to be in the presence of such handsome and charming gentlemen."

Emily blushed and giggled, finding Reese's attempt at flirtation amusing. Rebecca, on the other hand, couldn't help but roll her eyes at her brother's antics. She knew Reese's playful nature, but sometimes it could be a bit overwhelming.

Meanwhile, Jade, who had arrived a little earlier to hang out with Rebecca, observed the introduction from the side. Her heart sank as she watched Rebecca and Emily interact, feeling a pang of jealousy and fear that she might be losing her best friend.

Jade quietly approached Rebecca, pulling her aside for a moment. "Hey, Bex, can I talk to you for a second?"

Rebecca noticed the worry in Jade's eyes and instantly sensed her friend's unease. "Of course, JJ. What's on your mind?"

Jade hesitated for a moment before speaking, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "I'm really happy that you've found a new friend in Emily, but I can't help feeling a little scared. I don't want to lose our close bond."

Rebecca's expression softened, understanding Jade's fears. She gently squeezed her friend's hand. "JJ, you're my best friend, and nothing will ever change that. Emily is just a new addition to our circle of friends. There's more than enough room in my heart for both of you."

Jade smiled, feeling reassured by Rebecca's words. "Thank you, Bex. I just needed to hear that."

Rebecca pulled Jade into a warm hug. "I'm always here for you, JJ. Our friendship is irreplaceable."

With their fears alleviated, Rebecca and Jade joined the others, including Emily, in the living room. As the afternoon unfolded, Jade discovered that Emily was a kind and genuine person, just like Rebecca. They shared laughs, stories, and even collaborated on a creative project together.

As the day drew to a close, Jade felt a renewed sense of gratitude for her friendship with Rebecca, strengthened by their ability to communicate openly and support each other. And with Emily's warm presence in their lives, their circle of friends expanded, bringing new adventures and memories for all of them to cherish.

——————

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter was a bit short and sloppy and I'm sorry I'm not often punctual at the moment :'( the next chapter will be an episode of the series :)