2 - Thor

It was late at night when Natasha was walking around Avengers Tower unable to sleep. She was planning to go straight the the bar and get herself a drink to help fight the nightmares. However, when she walked into the common room she noticed that the balcony doors were open. Out of curiosity, Natasha slowly walked towards the open doors. She was surprised to see that Thor himself was stood on the balcony, leaning over the railings, looking at the night sky. Natasha leaned against the wall out of sight and looked at him. Even when Thor was in his pyjamas like he was now, he still normally had a godly presence about him but right now something was different. Natasha decided to investigate further.
The spy took a few step forward so she was now standing behind Thor. She coughed before speaking so that she wouldn't startle the God.

"Hey Thor", she spoke softly.

"Lady Natasha", he greeted quietly. He then turned to face the spy.

The first thing Natasha noticed was the few single tears that were rolling down Thor's face. Every thought of her own issues suddenly disappeared, Natasha was completely focused on Thor.

"Thor, what's wrong?" Natasha asked as she step closer to him.

Thor smiled weakly and wiped his tears before answering Natasha.

"I do believe that I may be, what you mortals call homesick", Thor told her sadly.

Natasha smiled comfortingly. She couldn't compare any of her nightmares to what Thor must be experiencing now. She couldn't remember her home, not her first home anyway. She had a new home now at Avengers Tower and she couldn't imagine living without it, is that what Thor is feeling right now?
Natasha took a risk and without warning wrapped her arms around Thor's torso. The God smiled at the tiny spy who was offering comfort and he gladly returned the hug, pulling Natasha close so her head was against his chest.

"What is it like on Asgard?" Natasha asked against Thor's chest after a few moments.

The God smile and turned Natasha around in his arms. He kept on of his arms around he shoulder and used the other to point to the sky.

"It is the most beautiful city in all of existence", he began. "There are golden buildings placed in neat patterns and the rainbow bridge, which is the highlight of the city reflects the sun so perfectly it forms a perfect display of colours in the sky." Thor moved his free hand in an arch shape. Natasha watched his hand and smiled, it was like he was drawing his home for her, to show her.

"Have you ever thought about going back?" Natasha asked him.

Thor looked at Natasha and then back to the starry sky.

"I have, yes, but I fear it shall not be as glorious as I remember it", the god exclaimed. Natasha looked confused.

"Why is that?" She asked curiously.

"Well, my dearest brother Loki is no longer of Asgard and my mother is also no longer here to share the cities beauty with me", Thor told her.

Natasha looked up at the gods face and saw how...broken he looked. She had never seen him this way before.

"I'm sorry about your mother", she said looking back at the sky.

Thor nodded gratefully. A short, but comfortable silence fell between the two friends as they stared into the night sky. After a short while, Thor was the one who spoke first.

"Do you remember your mother, lady Natasha?"

Natasha's eyes widened.

Screaming, screaming, screaming

Natasha closed her eyes tightly to try and push the voice in her head away.

Only remember her screaming, screaming, screaming...dying...they killed her

Natasha tried to focus her breathing, she tried not to shake, she tried to stop the voice taking over.

Change the subject, change the subject, change the subject

"Hey, I don't suppose any of the guys have introduced you to Disney yet, have they?" Natasha asked quickly. Thor seemed to think to himself for a minute.

"No, I don't believe I have been introduced to this Disney you speak of", he told her.

Natasha smiled.
"Alright, go and grab the biggest box of Pop-tarts you can find and meet me in the TV room in five minutes", she instructed.

Thor's smile spread across his face, the sadness slowly fading.
"As you wish lady Natasha", he spoke before turning to leave the balcony.

Once he had left Natasha turned and lent against the railings putting her head in her hands. She took a few shaky slow breaths as she desperately tried to force the memories away. Thor was waiting, he was waiting for her, waiting for her comfort. She couldn't let him down. The spy took one last long breath before heading to the TV room.

Natasha chose 'Frozen' to watch. She decided that it was a good movie for Thor's first Disney experience. As the film began, Natasha could still feel the fear, the voice dancing around in the back of her head. She slowly shuffled closer to Thor in hope that it may relive some of the pain inside. It wasn't until Thor placed his arm around Natasha's shoulder, she allowed herself to lean against him. Sure enough the voice silenced and the fear shrivelled up. She relaxed into the gods arms and slowly began to enjoy the movie.
~
The next morning, Thor seemed ecstatically happy at breakfast. This made Natasha pleased as she knew that she had helped him over come his low. This made her feel better too.
Natasha was eating toast with Clint when Thor made his way over to the two of them.

"Lord Barton, I must ask you a most important question", Thor began.

Clint sighed. "Thor if this is the same question that you have asked me six times this morning I may have to get my bow out", Clint warned.

Thor grinned. "Do you want to build a snowman?" The God asked before running in the opposite direction.

Clint sighed and shook his head before looking at Natasha.
"This is your fault you know", he told her.

Natasha laughed and nodded.

"Yea I know, but he needed it."

I needed it