4 - Bruce

It was around midday when Natasha Romanoff found herself walking around the Avengers Tower. She was making her way to her own room but on her journey there she happened to walk past one of the many science labs in the building. As she looked in to the room, Natasha noticed a green tinted person curled up on the floor. She quickly entered the lab and ran over to Bruce who was rocking back and forth on the floor as he cried.

Natasha slowly reached out and placed both her hands on Bruce's shoulders and hushed him softly.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong Bruce?" Natasha asked softly.

The scientist slowly looked up to face Natasha. He had tears which streamed down his cheeks as he shifted away from Natasha's touch.

Natasha looked at him carefully and recognised the look on his face, she sighed sympathetically.

"Bruce", Natasha whispered. "You are not going to hurt me."

Dr Banner cautiously looked at Natasha once again before slowly moving towards her and wrapping his arms around her small form. Natasha smiled and cradled him like a child, still hushing him with her calming words.

After a few minutes, Bruce appeared to be calming down so Natasha tried to speak to him once again.

"Bruce, please tell me what's wrong", Natasha pleaded.

She could hear Bruce take a few deep breaths before answering her slowly.

"I just feel so stressed Natasha. I feel like my every move affects the safety of everyone around me. I have no control."

Natasha gently rubbed her hand over Bruce's back.

"You have control now Bruce, you can control the other guy", Natasha promised.

Bruce shook his head.
"No, it's not that I can't control him. It's the fear that one day he will control me and take away my ability to think for myself. I will have no self control or awareness and he will force me to kill everyone in my path. I will have no choice." Bruce spoke as he hid his face once again.

Natasha was paralysed. Her old life was flashing in front of her eyes, the words that Bruce had just said repeated themselves in her head.

'No control or awareness'

'Forced to kill everything in my path'

'No choice but to comply and leave a trail of red'

'Red, red, red, so much red"

Natasha couldn't breath properly. Each breathe came out as a sharp gasp for air but luckily her chocking couldn't be heard over Bruce's cries.

Natasha looked at her sobbing friend in front of her and tried to push her own fears away...but she couldn't.

The voices in her head wouldn't stop repeating, droning on and on in the back of her head. Her eyes her filling with her own tears but she had to wipe them away and turn to Bruce. Her own voice was horse and her hands were shaky but Bruce was too far gone to notice.

Natasha placed a hand on his cheek to wipe away the tears on his face as she tried to also hide her own.

"You know, when I'm really stressed I try yoga. It sounds stupid, I know, it helps and I'm willing to give you a lesson if you want?" Natasha asked quietly to hide her broken voice.

Bruce faced her slowly and after a few seconds nodded. Natasha smiled weakly and stood up before turning to help Bruce.

The two walked hand in hand through the tower until the they reached to gym. Natasha placed two mats on the floor and slowly, move by move began to teach Bruce.

As the session continued, Natasha could clearly see Bruce beginning to relax and by viewing this, Natasha began to do the same.

She felt the stress and pain slowly leaking out her body as she slowly moved into a quieter, more calm state of mind.

She managed to push the voice away until it was just a almost silent whisper and the memories remained in the past.

Natasha took a deep breath and closed her eyes as she did so. She could survive. She could make it...for today at least.