Chapter 4

Emile, Ezekiel, and Molly were standing in a cathedral.  Standing before them were Forfax and the archangel Gabriel, who was standing tall and looked at the trio with his eyes full of silent fury. Emile was shaking like a leaf. Molly's eyes counted as sweat fell from her brow. Ezekiel lowered his head. Forfax sighed.

"You three should be glad that Lucifer had not caught onto your presence in Hell," Gabriel said. "Because if he did, we wouldn't be having this conversation right here."

Not one of the three dared to speak up. Not while Gabriel was in a bad mood.

"You three went down into Hell without my approval and then made a blessing in Hell," Gabriel said, now turning his gaze upon Forfax. "And you, Forfax, ordered them to do so."

"I-If I may, um... l-lord Gabriel—"

Gabriel slammed his hands on the table and got up from behind his desk.

"Do any of you understand the consequences of your actions?!" Gabriel yelled.

Molly dropped to her knees and started rocking back and forth while Emile's shaking intensified. Ezekiel bowed his head before Gabriel. Forfax sighed and looked to Gabriel with shame in his heart.

"Just what were you all thinking?!" Gabriel said. "In case any of you hadn't noticed, the tensions between Heaven and Hell are already stressed enough as it is! The last thing we want is to give the King of Hell the impression that what happened last night is a prelude to all-out war!"

Gabriel grabbed his forehead.

"Damnit... I should have just quit when I had the chance..." Gabriel sighed. "Ugh..."

He sat back down.

"You three can go... I don't have time for this..." Gabriel said. "For now, you three are off the hook, but if something like this ever happens again, just know that I have Deerie on speed dial."

The trio gulped at the mention of Deerie. Any angel would shit themselves if they ever heard the name Deerie. Even Lucifer would cower in fear at the very mention of her. Every angel that has ever reported to Deerie's would come out feeling utterly traumatized. She may look like an innocent little angelic version of Bambi, but beneath that appearance is a sadistic monster who probably gets off to torturing her fellow angels. The trio quickly rushed out. Forfax was about to leave, but Gabriel spoke.

"Not you, Forfax," Gabriel said. "I'm afraid we must talk about this."

Forfax looked at Gabriel.

"Tell me, was this your idea?" Gabriel asked. "And I ask nothing but the truth from you."

Forfax knew this was going to be a long day. He sighed and looked at Gabriel.

"Truth be told, the idea came from Lord Raphael, Lord Jophiel, and Lady Zadkiel," Forfax said. "They took it to Prince Michael and he supported the idea before sending me the order."

Gabriel stayed silent. He looked to a jar filled with black coffee. He took the jar and took a few sips from it before putting it back down.

"So... Z and Raph were the ones who came up with that idea," Gabriel said. "The Seraphim would lose their heads if they caught onto this."

"They were using secure channels to minimize the risk of a leak," Forfax said.

Gabriel sighed. Forfax understood what Gabriel is going through. This job that he was given takes quite a toll on the archangel. Lord Gabriel was entrusted with the duty of watching over mankind. To this end, had Forfax form H.A.L.O as a means of keeping an eye on humanity and do away with any threats to mankind itself. This, coupled with the fact that he rules over Vilon, has left him under duress.