Chapter 5

Stolas stepped out of the portal with Octavia and Loona following after him. In front of them was a big building. They looked up to see a neon sign with the words "HAPPY HOTEL" on it.

"This must be the place," Loona said.

She looked over to Octavia and walked over to her.

"So, is it true?" Loona asked.

"Is what true?" Octavia asked, turning to Loona.

"That the Princess of Hell hasn't given up on this whole... "redemption" train of hers?" Loona asked.

Octavia looked at the building from top to bottom and sighed. "I don't know..."

"But your dad said that you and the Princess were childhood friends," Loona said. "Isn't that right?"

"Yes, but... it's just..." Octavia sighs again. "It's been a long time since we've ever seen one another. I'm not even sure if she'll even recognize me in my outfit."

Loona nudged Octavia with her elbow.

"Oh come on, you two are both immortal beings that have lived longer than me and the rest of I.M.P have. There's no way she wouldn't be able to recognize you when your face hasn't even changed," Loona said in an effort to cheer Octavia up.

Octavia looked at Loona before smiling.

"Maybe you're right," Octavia said. "Though, I'm not sure if she'll notice the crown on my hat."

They both looked to Stolas, who was staring at the building for over a minute now.

"Uh... dad?" Octavia asked.

"Huh?" Stolas turned his head at a 180-degree angle. "Yes, Via?"

"Are you ok?" Octavia asked.

"Oh it's nothing, really," Stolas said. "I was just uh... admiring the aesthetics of the exterior."

"Yeah, if you could admire a boat sticking out of a building as part of the architecture..." Loona said. "You're sure the Princess built this by herself?"

"Nope, Lucifer built it," Stolas said. "I heard this used to be a summer home for him and his family."

"A summer home?" Loona asked. "Well that's just—"

The ground began to shake as a loud rumbling sound could be heard. The trio felt the ground shaking beneath. Octavia lost her footing and fell on one knee.

"What's going on?" Octavia asked. "An earthquake?"

"Why would there be earthquakes now of all times?" Loona asked.

The ground stopped shaking and all was silent. Stolas, who had lost his own footing and fell on his back, got up and looked towards the direction of Pentagram City. The white in his eyes had turned into dots. He felt something that sent chills down his spine. For a brief moment, it felt like an intimidating presence had washed all over him.

But now it was gone, along with the earthquake that had passed.

Minutes earlier...

Lucifer called out Michael's name through the old Enochian tongue that he still knew before his banishment from Heaven. He's still got it, but he could tell that his Enochian was getting pretty rusty.

An astral projection appeared before him and it was that of Michael, his brother.

"Michael," Lucifer said.

"Lucifer," Michael responded. "Tis good to see you after all this time."

"Spare me the pleasantries, Michael," Lucifer said. "I know an angel—no, a group of angels had come into Hell recently while I was tending to more important issues."