chapter 2

"So your room is, umm let's see, you are in room 49, that is the last room down the hall, your roommate has already checked in two weeks ago so you shouldn't have to worry about been alone" the warden was a nice old lady and she always had the sweetest smile on her face whenever you see her. She didn't really know who I was because every year students where put in random hostels and it was on rare occasions you get to meet people you already knew but she always treated people like she knew them and that just made me feel warm inside.

"Sure, thanks" I said while giving her a nervous smile and I'm sure she could tell because she told me I could come to her wherever I needed help or I just wanted to talk to someone. "Sure,Thanks".

"Anytime, you know I have children your age so I understand how you feel" then she asked me to close the door behind me on my way out of her office.

Everyone at someone point in their life had a really loud roommate or was the really loud roommate. The moment I walked into my room and met Dora I just knew it won't end well. Let's start with the fact that our room was way smaller than the other rooms I've been in and also there was the issue of her playing extra loud music and let's not forget the fact that she had all her friends in our already tiny room which was very dirty, talk about bad combo. It's bad enough you are loud but now you're also messy? oh my fucking goodness.

So with the fakest smile I could muster I decided to stretch an olive branch because I felt we didn't know each other and it would be shitty to start my stay on bad terms.

"Hi, I'm Iris Goldstein and I'm your new roommate for the next couple of months" I watched her take in my outfit and then my appearance, when she was done assessing me she replied.

"My name is Dora and are you a medical student as well?" At this point I couldn't tell if I was glad she nice or if I was creeped out, but I didn't have a good feeling about it. "Why are you staring at me, it's weird and also you need to arrange your stuffs fast, my friend is coming over and I don't want her to meet this place all messy" she just made the worse mistake of her life because I'm not one to boss around, I am the boss and she was going down but first I needed to kill her with kindness.

I took off my old highschool hoodie and went on to arrange my little corner the best possible way and also drop a little surprise for my dear roommate. I decided to go for a quick shower because I was really exhausted from the day's activities when I heard people talking.

"Yeah, I know right, she's really weird and you know the worse part? She's a law student like what the hell" say the blonde hair girl with blue eyes, while her Brunette friend who's features I couldn't see responded.

"Tell me about, I promise to make her stay hell" wow, I didn't even know these people and I already hated them alot.

"Hey girl, I'm Amanda but my friends call me Manda who are you?" If you didn't guess it, it was the blonde Twirlywoo talking and trying to act all friendly like I didn't just eavesdrop on her conversation.

"I'm iris and before you ask, I'm a law student so you can go ahead and hate me just as you hate my coursemate, I don't give a shit about it. Just don't pretend to be my friend and I'll really love my privacy while I'm cleaning up if you don't mind" I could tell she wasn't expecting that but I didn't give a fuck about her or her feelings. I walked into one of the bathroom stalls and let the water from the shower just run for a while before I started srubbing my body.

"I can't find my earrings, it was on my table just a moment ago, I'm pretty sure it was Irish or whatever her name is" wow, who knew my roommate already hated me from the very first day and I hadn't done anything to her.

"Don't you think it's a little too early to start blaming her for things? You know how careless you can be, so just search properly, I'm sure it's somewhere" remember the brunette girl from the bathroom, apparently, she was Dora's friend and now that I think about it, I think I was the one they were talking about.

"Yes Dora, isn't it too early for that, I mean you don't know me and it would be a shame if you misjudged me. By the way have you checked under your bed, you know it's possible it fell off" I hate people but I also hate when people talk shit about me, best believe that I will correct you on it because right now, I may not have what I want but I have my name and I need it stain free because I'm trying to make a life for myself and it starts with my name.

"Found it, I'm sorry ixora"

"It's Iris" I said while trying my best to not sound pissed.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that irish, I promise to do better".

To be honest I really wasn't happy about this olive branch but maybe I misunderstood because no one can switch up that first but....... Hey, I just realized I'm taking the story way to fast. Let's go back a bit shall we because this event doesn't happen till later.

So where was I?, oh yes, after she asked if I was a medical student. "Ummm no, I'm actually a third year law student" I knew from the second I said my major there was a sudden change in her expression.

"Prefect, I hate my coursemate anyway. I can tell we'll have fun together and oh if you don't mind, I'm a bit messy and my friend are always in the room because we read together".

"Sure that's fine"

"Great"

"Cool"

"Oh and one more thing, I hate spiders, so whenever there's one in the room, you have to kill it"

"Sure" was the only thing I could say because I was still trying to take in the room and how messy it was.