Chapter 3

"I hate it there already, can't I be your roommate?" Remember how I said I had just two friends? Well one of them happens to look like me but the only difference is, I'm black with curly black hair that stops a little above my shoulder and I look Asian. You know the soft features and the eyes and all that but my eyes are hazel and I have the perfect model body but I'm too short to be one, while my Sofie is light skinned with black long curls that she looks to straighten because she hates her curls. I keep telling her that her curls are beautiful but she doesn't listen also she has more mature features and her eyes are brown but on like me, she's a size bigger than I am and also she's taller but people often mistaken her for me and visa versa.

"I love so much iris but know the rules and we can't break them and besides you have me, I'm just 10 rooms away from you so you could always come to me and you know I'll help out" sometimes I wish I had someone, anyone who really understood my dilemma. I'm grateful for the people I have around me but I just want someone who really gets me.

"Sofie, it's cool, I don't wanna keep talking about this issue. How are things with Mike? Y'all still cool?".

She playful hit me with her pillow because hugging me from my neck.

"Girl it's a mess but we're talking things out and don't worry your little head because we'll be fine" then she kissed my forehead.

"Ewwww.... No gay shit okay" that's Sofia roommate Cora, she's really cool although she gives me emo aura but I'll choose an emo over a noisome roommate anyday, anytime.

"Please Cora, like you don't have a girlfriend" Sofie's been in school since the semester started, so she's had more time bonding with her roommate than I have. Maybe I just needed time.

Over the next few weeks things have been really good, I made a new study buddy from my criminal law 101 class and so far she's been cool. I spent most of my time at the library because my room is always noisy and I'm trying to avoid getting on anyone's bad side. I'll never forget the day I came back from the library and I was pleasantly surprised.

I walked Into my room hoping to get my usual annoying welcome party but there was no one in the room and I was really excited when I say a note on my table that made my week. 'hey, I know you don't care but I travelled home and won't be back for another two weeks, have fun. Dora'. I was over the moon because it was getting really hard keeping my cool about everything she does.

I'll never forget the day her blonde hair friend who's name I keep forgetting, I think it's Natalie or was it Natasha, I'm not sure and honestly I don't care. Any 'Amada or Manda' as the case may be walked into the room that day.

"Hey Dora, what's up girl?"

"I'm chill what's popping?"

"I just got invited to the best and coolest party ever and it's strictly for medical student only" then she gave me a one over like I was about to ask if I could tag along, I don't know if she hasn't figured out that I don't go out or do parties but I guess that was normal white mean girl shit and honestly it wasn't even worth the hype because I could always see through her BS.

"So what do you say Dora, wanna tag along?".

"Umm, will James be there?" So apparently, my roommate has this huge crush on a senior and she's always trying to play it cool like it's no big deal but everyone knows and I mean everyone. Don't get me wrong she's fine plus size brunette white girl with inferiority complex but I mean why can't she just confess her feelings? I did a little digging and discovered that he likes her back but she's scared to date him because he's the smartest medical student and she's dumb. I won't say I'm smart but I'm on the average side but she's really dumb, I'll never forget the day Amanda asked her a question that even I knew the answer to and she failed it.

Amanda laughed so hard and we didn't even know she was filming her and she posted, I felt really bad for her but I didn't want to seem like I'm trying to be friends with and get her into more trouble so I just walked out of the room and we to get ice cream, by the time I was back the room was empty so I left a note and a popsicle stick for her on her table and by the following morning I saw a note on my table 'thanks for the popsicle but I don't need your pity, I'll made a refund to you but never try this again. Dora', wow what a bitch and here I was feeling bad for her.

That night they dressed up and went for the party and by 3am Dora was back crying because Amanda made a fool of her when she was about talking to James and now she felt stupid. I hate bullies so much but I didn't want to get involved in whatever was going on.

So my roommate wasn't going to be around and for my first order of the day, I decided to take a nice and well deserved rest after my classes were over and I couldn't be happier.

"You most really like your new room because we haven't heard from you since you moved into your dorm and I guess you owe me a thank you" after a quick nap I decided to call my mom because it's been forever since I heard from her.

"No mom, it's the same old thing but this time is worse, I've been trying to navigate around it because it's really stressful but hey she's not around and I am really grateful" I couldn't hide the fact that I was happy about it.

"I'm sorry baby, things will be fine eventually just don't pick a fight with her or anyone and you'll be fine"

"But what if they want to pick one with me?"

"Then you ignore them and mind your business, am I understood?"

"Yes mom"

"Good, now on to good news, your sister just had a baby". I talked to mom and I put her up to speed with everything including my classes and my new study buddy, also my health and everything needed to know "alright baby, I'm going to leave you now. Love you".