𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

-𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐍-

I was walking to my car after a long day at work. I still lived at home with mom because she would always complain about the fact that the house would be too quiet. I didn't mind. I love mom and I love living with her. It's really peaceful when the boys aren't home. My black Louboutin heels tapped on the concreet underneath it with every step I took. The 120 mm heels were high at first but I got used to them. I'm not tall so the heels would make me 1.73 which was a perfect height. Better then my tiny 1.60 meter. I wore my crème pantalon secured with a black belt as I wore my black dress shirt tucked in put a little pulled out so it would fall over my belt a little. My hair in a slick bun. Not a strand out of place even though I had been at work since 7:30AM. The time now? 22PM. I drove home and when I parked the car I walked straight inside. I loosened my hair as I walked to the dinning table. Leaving my bag in the hallway

"I'm sorry I'm late again mama. This meeting just wouldn't end."

"It's okay honey. I saved you some food. Come on and join us."

Us? I looked up as I was still shaking my hair loose. I saw Charles sitting at the table and next to him Pierre. He had gotten more handsome the last 3 years. It's been a long time since I saw him last but I still felt a butterfly make it's way into my stomach. I smiled at the both of them.

"Hai."

"Hey El."

"Hai."

I walked to the kitchen on my heels hearing them clicking loudly on the marble floor.

"Mama... pasta? I love you so much you have no idea! Aaah... carbonara too?!"

"Shush shush cherie. Just go heat it up and eat up. You're probably busy working again afterwards right?"

"You know me too well mama."

I headed my food and sat down at the table as the other three were done but just sat down to drink coffee or tea.

"How's racing?"

"Good. Ferrari's looking strong for this season."

"What about... alpine?"

"Wow you know it. It's a change but it's good so far. Not a front row car probably but I think I'll like it. How's work?"

"Busy..."

"Ah Charles you should do something. She's working so hard she'll get a burn-out soon! She won't listen to me."

"Mama don't be so dramatic. I've been working a little overtime so what? These problems won't fix themselves. If they don't get fixed it could be the start of the end of the company."

"Yeah but have you taken care of yourself El? That's important to perform."

"I have been taking care of the company."

"El come on!"

"What? At least I don't lie about it. Mmm... what time is it?"

"22:40"

"Oh shoot!"

I jumped up from the chair I was sitting on as I jogged out of the living room. I grabbed my bag from the hallway and ran to my little at home office. I opened my laptop and logged in as I had 1 last emergency meeting at 22:45. We had scheduled it at 17:30 at first but there was a small emergency which was a little more important so now it had to be done now. I collected the needed files, documents and papers before I started. We talked for quite a while and afterwards I send out some e-mails that we linked to this and then had to sign and look through a ton of papers. The papers were neatly stacked and organized by my amazing assistant who I love with my whole very dearly. Around 23:30 the door opened of my office and I looked up to see Pierre. I quickly looked away before he placed a plate on the desk.

"Thought you might want to eat your food a bit further? I reheated it for you."

"Thank you."

"I'll leave you to work then."

"Mhm bye."

I thought that maybe if I answered shortly to him he would leave sooner and that maybe the butterflies would stop flying around in my stomach because I don't want to feel something for my brothers best friend. I can't do that to Charles. I would be raging mad if he would date  my best friend. So I think he thinks the same about it. Pierre stood in my office silently for a little bit longer before he walked out and closed the door behind him. A sigh I didn't know I held released as I closed my eyes for a swift second. I looked at the plate next to me and softly smiled. He really did reheat my food and brought it here. I picked up my fork as I started eating and working. God maybe I am a huge workaholic like mama always says. You know what... tomorrow is Friday. I'm gonna do a day of working at home. It will be fine. I will take some more time off. So I can relax a little bit still do some things. Let's say half my hours. Maybe if they really need me at the office that I'll go though... no! No! I am doing a relax day! Charles was right. To perform I need to be healthy and relaxed and it's important that I perform! It's even crucial! Okay but first I need to work a little more. I kept typing and checking papers before it was 1 AM and Charles came walking into my at home office.

"El are you done yet?"

"Yeah why?"

"Mama said you would help making my bed and then help Pierre with his bed on the couch..."

"You staid up for that?"

"Yeah. We had to."

"Fine I'm coming."

I logged out of my laptop and computer and stacked my files and placed them in the cabinet. I walked to the living room and then the three of us walked upstairs. I made Charles his bed because that fucker still can't do shit before I walked downstairs with stuff to make Pierre his bed on the couch.

(1049 words)