Chapter 2

A few days had gone by, and it was once again time to go to that place. The sun went down a long time ago. But that didn't stop the inner city from lighting up so much, it could be mistaken for daylight. Venues of all kinds had their shiny signs outside and some windows were almost blinding to look through.

     Aidan noticed a familiar person who was walking in his direction.

     "Look at you. Out again so soon?"

     "I should be asking you the same, Leo. Also... how did you even learn about such a place? Something I should know?"

     Leo chuckled, giving him a dismissive pat on the shoulder.

     "Obviously, I'm never telling you that. Let me have my secrets. ...So, is that why you're out?"

     "Wouldn't you like to know?"

     "... Thought so."

     Aidan bumped his shoulder against Leo's.

     "Hey, now. I have a good reason. If you saw him, you'd understand."

     "Him, huh?"

     Aidan sped up his pace.

     "Uh, anyway, see you some other time."

     Leo tried suppressing his laugh but was unsuccessful.

     "I don't get to see you like this very often. At least let me tease you a little bit."

     "Yeah, haha, that's great. Bye for now-!" Aidan hurried to get ahead of him.

     "Have fun."

     They shared a quick glance, but that was the last they saw of each other.

     Aidan knew exactly where to go this time. He did consider whether to search for the same room or not since there was no guarantee he would be there.

     He walked through those same dark hallways. As he did, he bumped his shoulder into someone else, who was walking in the opposite direction.

     "Ah, sorry."

     The man's voice made him look up. It had to be...

     "Wait, is that... you?" The tension in his body was immediate. They were standing next to a somewhat open door that only vaguely outlined them. Aidan pushed it open, and yes—with more light on him—he could confirm it was the same man.

     "Oh? Inviting me in?" He teased, knowing full well why Aidan did it.

     "Uhm... hold on. Wait, no."

     Getting a laugh in response, Aidan realized that that might have been a joke. But... it had to be all deep and smooth too. This man seemed to know himself and his effect on others well, his smug smile all too present.

     "Getting my hopes up like that... how could you."

     After the other time they met, Aidan could more quickly pick up on what he was alluding to.

     "I wouldn't be against that though. ...Going inside with you, I mean."

     The man walked into the enticing red room, its glow lighting up his broad frame.

     "Are you sure you know exactly what that entails?"

     Aidan looked inside, seeing a myriad of things he had never even considered in a sexual context.