Chapter 6

The bright multicolored lights and loud booming music did nothing to distract Aidan from his own thoughts. His eyes were glued to the liquid in his glass that swayed in time with the bass.

     "Soo... I got a dog. He's the cutest little husky." Leo, who had been letting him stay in his trance for a while, knew it was finally time to break the silence.

     Luckily, it worked. Sort of. Aidan glanced at the one sitting next to him, eyes faintly glazed over. The stiff couch wasn't easy to get comfortable on, but he tried his best to lean back on it. He placed the drink down on the table in front of them, a very soft smile on his lips.

     "Oh, really? You've got to show me sometime. They're so... cute..."

     Leo could tell he was drifting off again and had to speak up once more.

     "Haha, right? Such lovely creatures. I could be convinced to let you see him."

     "Nice... that's nice..."

     That wasn't enough.

     "Alright, how thoroughly did he ravage you? I've never seen you this spaced out before."

Aidan's eyes widened.

     "L- Leo-"

     Leo couldn't help but laugh, as he placed a hand on Aidan's shoulder.

     "Hey, I doubt there's a better way to get your attention."

     "You're an evil man."

     Leo just smiled, waiting patiently for an answer to his question.

     "We met up a few days ago. But I can still feel it, Leo. Everything." He paused.

     "I thought I knew what sex was. Now... It's like I'm discovering it for the first time again. I want to learn more about Cedric's life. I want to be in it."

     Leo watched him carefully, the smile never leaving his face.

     "I'll admit, I'm starting to feel pretty proud of myself for giving you that address.

     "Haha... you're the best."

     Aidan looked absentmindedly around the club. A shadow that was moving in the distance immediately caught his attention. Tall and black-haired. The man wore a dark vest over his white dress shirt, as he walked along the back wall. Some other eyes were on him, but his reaction to them was a polite wave of his hand.

     Leo was beginning to wonder why Aidan was being silent again. But when he followed the direction of his stare, he quickly understood the situation.

     "Okay... that guy is pretty hot. But do you have to get all speechless like that?"

     The man headed into what seemed like a staff-only back area. Did he work here?

     Aidan was first able to speak up when he disappeared. He heard none of what Leo said.

     "Huh... Cedric did say he worked at a club. There aren't many of 'these', so it makes sense he'd be here."

     "Wait. That was him?"

     Aidan wasn't sure why, but making eye contact with Leo was a little harder at that moment.

     "Ah... yeah..."

     Leo got up from the couch, patting the top of Aidan's head with a grin.

     "Well, tell me how it goes."

     "You..."

     ...And he was gone. It was too late to get Leo back now. A smug expression looked back at Aidan, as it was swallowed up by a mass of dancing shadows.