Year 4

Japan was one of Nayeon's favorite places to visit. From the food to the beautiful scenery, there wasn't much she didn't like, so she looked forward to the overseas visits when they popped up on her schedule. And Momo always managed to wrangle her way into coming with her, despite her own busy schedule as an in-demand choreographer.

But there was no Momo this time.

And more importantly, there was no trip to Yoo-ki's Café for her birthday celebration.

Nayeon sighed once again, curling up into a ball on her hotel bed. This was the first time she hadn't been in Korea for her birthday, and she hated it. Her team had tried to convince her to go out and eat with them, but she had politely declined, opting to come back to her room and wallow in self-pity with a bowl of ice cream that was a poor replacement for Jeongyeon's peach tart.

Her phone lit up suddenly and she smiled a little seeing Momo's name pop up on her screen.

"Hi," she greeted tiredly.

"Everything okay?" Momo asked.

"I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine. You sound like someone who wishes they were at a certain café eating homemade peach tarts with the sexy owner."

For the first time all day, Nayeon laughed; not the fake, polite laughs she had forced out during her schedules, but an honest, genuine laugh that made her feel lighter.

"You got all that from 'I'm fine'?" Nayeon said with a smile.

"Yes. Also, that you are devastated that your best friend isn't in Japan with you right now," Momo added.

"Oh yes, that too. I'm absolutely devastated that I don't have someone stealing my food and stumbling over their Japanese. How can I survive this trip?"

"Yah," Momo whined. "That's a low blow. Maybe I shouldn't give you your present after all."

Nayeon immediately backtracked at the threat of no present.

"I'm sorry. I miss you so much my beautiful best friend," Nayeon said, using her best aeygo.

"That's more like it," Momo hummed. After a few beats of silence, Nayeon cleared her throat.

"So?"

"So?" Momo parroted back. Nayeon rolled her eyes.

"My present? This birthday girl could use a serious pick me up."

"Well, you're still in your hotel room, right?"

"Yes, I've been here since.... wait, how did you know I was in my room?"

"Pack your bags," Momo demanded, ignoring Nayeon's question.

"Eh? But I don't leave until tomorrow morning. I'll just pack then."

"I'd pack my bags now if I were you."

"And why would I do that?" Nayeon didn't see what any of this had to do with her birthday present.

"Maybe because unnie will be there to pick you up in fifteen minutes to bring you to the airport for a flight back home that your amazing best friend arranged for you," Momo said proudly. "So, I'd hurry up and pack. Wouldn't want to be late you know?"

Momo hung up before Nayeon had time to process what her friend had said. She sat there, still holding her phone to her ear for another good minute before realizing what Momo meant. She could go home tonight.

She could see Jeongyeon.

That thought was enough to send Nayeon into a crazy frenzy, throwing clothes into her suitcase, not bothering to take time to properly pack. Exactly fourteen minutes later, Nayeon was packed and ready to go, impatiently waiting for her manager to come get her. She practically jumped up when the knock sounded at her door. She swung it wide open and stepped out with her suitcase and carry-on in tow, slipping past her very surprised manager.