Dr. Denman 15

Wow. It's been a while.. So sorry guys! School sucks so much! I'm so glad summers around the corner! Even the weekends are busy.. Anyways.. I think in gonna start posting a little question or something at the end of each chapter... anyways, I barely remember where I was going with this when I wrote the last chapter, so, I'm gonna improvise right now, so, without further ado, le chapter!

All right to Rick and the Makers!

Dr. Denman

I paced back and forth in the small room in the monster headquarters that Joe had taken me to.
This wasn't right. They were hurting an innocent boy. Well, he wasn't exactly innocent, but he was still only a teenager, and these monsters were hurting him.
I had seen first hand what they had done to him. The boy's cries had echoed all around the cavern for months. Time passes differently here. It has taken me a while to get used to it, but in the monster camp, time passed much, much faster. One hour in the outside world was around six months in here, so one hour in here, is less than a minute out there. That meant, even if someone were to come rescue the boy,it would take them about a day in here to get here. It was complicated, but I had spent six months learning, and everyday of those six months, I had seen a variety of monsters prancing in and out of the boy's room.
At first, it seemed Joe Bob was one of them. One of he monsters that enjoyed the pain and suffering of others, but after a few days with him, it became apparent that he wasn't.
It was the small things he did that gave it away. It seemed I was the only one who noticed how he always had a slightly sarcastic tone when talking to The Boss. Joe never booked anytime to torture the boy in the six months he had been here, despite them having history. He was always talking about how he felt bad for him. Joe bob was also the only monster in the place that treated me like an equal. To me, that set him apart from all the others in here.
"Aren't we going to do something about it? They got his friends last night too!" I called to Joe.
This was our opening. The cave he had been in for the past six months had very high security, and I wasn't allowed remotely close to it, since I was a mortal, but this new place they put him and his friends wasn't very well guarded.
"There's nothing we can do! The Boss has everyone here under close supervision. We just need to let things play out. Hopefully, if they've been smart, they would have sent out someone to inform Olympus."
I sat down heavily on my bed, glancing up at the clock. It was 8 o clock, the boy had officially been here for six months now. He had been tortured, and now, so were his friends, and we were sitting here doing nothing.
"I don't know about you, but I'm going to swing by their cave and at least bring them some food." I got up and headed to the door, knowing Joe Bob would be right behind me.
There was a monster donut store in the cave, which had been odd, but I had decided months ago not to question it.
I bought a dozen donuts, and headed down to the boys cave, following the scream, which had become a sound I was now unfortunately too familiar with.
Just as I was about to enter, and lie that I had been sent by The Boss to feed them, there was a huge CRASH! and the cave floor shook.
I ran in, dodging pieces of collapsed roof, and made my way over to where the 10 kids were gathered, along with two adults, around the boy.
"What's wrong with him!" I called, running over, as one of the adults shook him head in shock.
One of the teens, a blonde girl, began to sob, wailing and screaming at him to wake up.
"You can't leave me Percy!" She shouted, and banged her fist on his chest.
Immediately, the boy gasped, and shot up, taking big breaths.
The others all stared in shock, and I hesitated, realizing that this was an escape.
What would I do? Stand there, let them get caught by the monsters no doubt flooding the caverns right now, or help them and risk being punished my taking their place in this terrible cave.
I chose the second, and rushed forward.
"You need to get out of here. RIGHT NOW! There are monsters, thousands of them, and none of you are good to fight quite yet. Go, Joe and I will hold them off." I told them, making up my mind.
"Dr. Denman?!" Rikki called out in disbelief.
"What are you doing here!" Cleo yelled.
"I joined the wrong side, and now I'm making up for it. Go, now, girls! While you have the chance!"
The two men grabbed the kids, and, with a flash of light so bright I had to close my eyes, they all disappeared.
"You ready for this?" I asked Joe.
The Laistrygonian Giant gave me a solemn nod, before shifting to his true cannibal form. They would kill us now, anyways, and it was just a matter of how many of them we take with us. They knew we were working with the enemy, or at least that we helped them escaped.
As the sound of the monsters rushing through the narrow passages got closer, I thought about everything I'd done with my life.
I had been such a jerk to the mermaids, but I had also helped save thousands of animals and creatures with my research. These past few months with the monsters had been pretty weird. It had taken a while to adjust, and at first, I was sure this was my true calling, and I was happier than I'd been in a while. I helped the monsters learn about mortal things, like science, and how to use the equipment. Apparently, monsters didn't know anything about any of that, but needed it a lot for the things The Boss had them do. I had taught them everything I knew, and by then, I'd been with the monsters long enough to know that I was no longer useful to them,and they're find a way to dispose of me. So Joe Bob and I decided to start working against The Boss and the monsters. To help Olympus. At least we could do some good.
All in all, I've lived a pretty full life. I had made a very good friend, Joe, and I'd met some very interesting people. I'd helped some very good heroes, and I've helped preserve a pretty great world.
The first few monsters burst through the door, and I turned to Joe.
We exchanged a long look.
"This was certainly the most eventful six months of my life. Thanks, Joe."
He smiled at me, and I nodded back.
"Goodbye," Joe whispered, and, together, we charged the oncoming monsters.

That was sad, and I just cleared up one person in our P.O.V cycle. Should I just go Percy, Cleo, Percy? Or should I replace Denman's POV with someone else's? If so, I'm not sure who, so, maybe if you comment who you thing should take up the POV, or if I should just skip it altogether, I can post the choices up on the next chapter, and one with most votes will be used. This was a short chapter, but the next one will be longer. I'll be a Cleo chapter. So yeah, good night, or good day or whatever.
Peace out,
Percyfan4ever123